NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2022 – NPCIL notified the application process for the post of Executive Trainees for Engineering Graduates (Mechanical. Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Civil, Industrial, and Fire Safety engineering) with a valid Gate Score (2018/2019/2020).
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2020 applications are accepted from 13-4-2022 until 28-4-2022. Selection will be based on the GATE Scores and the age of the applicant should be 26 years. This post presents the complete details of the NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2022 for interested and eligible candidates. Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is a PSU under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India.
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE 2022: Available Posts
|Name of Discipline||UR||SC||ST||OBC(NCL)||EWS||Total|
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE: Important Dates
|Commencement for submission of Online Application||Apr 13, 2022 (10:00 Hrs)|
|Last Date for submission of Online Application||Apr 28, 2022 (17:00 Hrs)|
|Cut-off Date for Age Eligibility||28/04/2022|
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE: Eligibility
- BE/B Tech/B Sc (Engineering)/5-year Integrated M Tech with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in one of the 6 engineering disciplines mentioned in the Table below from University/Deemed University or Institute recognized by AICTE/UGC. A minimum of 60% marks means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university.
- Applicants must have a valid GATE-2020 or GATE-2021 or GATE-2022 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline
- Engineering degrees allowed for each discipline are as follows:
|Discipline||Engineering Degrees allowed|
|Electrical #||Electrical Electrical & Electronics|
|Electronics *#||Electronics Electronics & Communication Electronics & Telecommunication Electronics & Controls Electronics & Instrumentation|
|Instrumentation#||Instrumentation Instrumentation & Controls Instrumentation & Electronics|
- *Related degree disciplines such as ‘Electrical’, ‘Electronics & Communication’, ‘Electronics and Controls’ are also eligible to apply under Electronics. However, such candidates must qualify on the basis of a valid GATE score in Electronics. #Candidates with degrees in disciplines ‘Electrical & Electronics’ or ‘Electronics & Instrumentation’ can apply under either of the disciplines (Electrical or Electronics etc). However, such candidates must qualify on the basis of a valid GATE score in the discipline in which they wish to be considered.
- Candidates who have done 5 years of integrated course leading to M.Tech with a minimum of 60% marks in the relevant discipline may also apply subject to fulfilling other laid down criteria.
- Only the above-mentioned disciplines will be considered. Courses/ Disciplines with equivalence to the above will not be considered.
- Applicants whose final results are awaited and/or are appearing for the final year/semester examination during 2022, but are otherwise eligible, may also apply. If selected, they will be required to submit the final. result indicating completion of degree and percentage of marks (not less than 60%) on or before 30th November 2022.
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE: Age Limit (Age as of 28/04/2022)
|Category||Upper Age Limit (years)||Born on or after|
|OBC (NCL) (relaxation – 03 years)||29||28.04.1993|
|SC/ST (relaxation – 05 years)||31||28.04.1991|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (degree of disability 40% and above) (relaxation – 10 years)||—||—|
|PwBD – General/EWS Category||36||28.04.1986|
|PwBD – OBC (NCL) Category||39||28.04.1983|
|PwBD – SC/ST Category||41||28.04.1981|
|Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep 1984) (relaxation – 5 years)||31||28.04.1991|
|Ex-servicemen and commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers or Short Service Commissioned, Officers|
(Relaxation – 5 years)
- For applicants eligible for age relaxation in more than one category, cumulative age relaxation available is subject to a maximum of 56 years.
- There is no age limit for employees serving in NPCIL who otherwise fulfil the prescribed criteria.
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE: Allowed Disciplines
|Engineering Discipline||GATE Paper Code||Disciplines allowed|
|Instrumentation||IN||Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics|
|Electrical||EE||Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Controls/Electronics & Instrumentation|
|Electronics & Communication||EC||Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Controls/ Instrumentation & Electronics|
|Industrial and Fire Safety||ME or CH||Industrial and Fire Safety|
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE: Weightage given to GATE and Interview
- GATE scores are only used to shortlist candidates.
- The performance in the interview is given weightage for final selection.
- Qualifying marks for a candidate in interview – 70% for Gen/OBC candidates while it is 60% for SC / ST / OBC / EWS / PwBD candidates
Training and Placement:
- Selected candidates will have one year orientation training in any of the NPCIL Center (Tarapur Maharashtra Site, Rawatbhata Rajasthan Site, MAPS Kalpakkam (Tamil Nadu), Kaiga Site (Karnataka) and Kudankulam (Tamil Nadu).
- After successful completion of the training candidates will be appointed as Scientific Officer/C and posted at one of the Units/Sites/Offices of NPCIL around the country.
- Considering the location of the post, PF, LTC, Medical facility, Canteen Subsidy, Performance Incentive, Group Insurance, Gratuity, Housing, transport etc will be evaluated.
NPCIL Recruitment through GATE: Pay Scale
|Post||As per 7th CPC Revised Pay / Stipend (Per Month)||Level|
|Executive Trainee (During Training)||Stipend – Rs.35,000 + One time Book Allowance –Rs.10,000 + Mandatory Lodging & Boarding – In NPCIL Hostels||–|
|Scientific Officer/C (On Appointment)||Rs.56,100 + DA 4% of Pay in the Pay Matrix (as on 01.01.2017); (Dearness Allowance (DA) is based on the rates notified by Government of India from time to time.)||Level 10|
Download iStudy Mobile App for all GATE Syllabus, Previous Question Papers, and Keys, preparation guide, Exam updates, Gate Virtual calculator, Gate Score calculator, and IITs & NITs cutoffs. It is lightweight, and easy to use, with no images, and no ads platform to make students’ lives easier.
For the complete syllabus, results, class timetable, and many other features kindly download the iStudy App
It is a lightweight, easy to use, no images, and no pdf platform to make students\’s lives easier.
You can all look into GATE 2022 Preparation Guide which helps you in various areas.
To get more updates do subscribe to InI, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Google plus. Don’t forget to bookmark this page and visit again for updates.
Wish you all good luck ahead!!