If you got a decent GATE percentile, between 90~99 and looking for M.Tech admission to IITs read this post otherwise check tips in next post.
Download iStudy App for GATE Score Calculator, Virtual Calculator, Previous Years GATE Papers & Keys, IITs and NIT GATE Cutoffs
If you have really high percentile and have a good academic record you can just apply for top 5 Institutes including IISc. Otherwise I suggest you to apply all IITs without fail. Don’t worry about application and travel fee. If you don’t have money, borrow it from someone and apply. There are following reason to apply and trying hard with a positive mental attitude.
- Getting admission will fetch you a good scholarship from MHRD you can pay back everything within few months of getting admission.
- It will be a life time investment. Once you are in you are a part of tradition, which will always make sure you have a descent job.
- You will get a chance to visit, see and live at the Institutes that are reshaping the world, which otherwise is not possible.
- Visiting IITs and IISc will make you more energetic and desperate to study there. Even if you can not make there, it give you a reason to try again.
- It gives you confidence for fighting again, as you feel you were very close to it, and can make next time.
Application and travel to all IITs and IISc don’t cost you more than 15,000 Indian rupees, which you can easily borrow, if you don’t have. Paying this amount will not be a problem if you could not make it. Whatever job you do, I believe you earn more than that a month. Frankly speaking we spend more than this amount every year without our knowledge. Even you can cut down some to those cost and invest here.