There were lots of questions about these certificates as a requirement for M.Tech admission application forms. Few of the readers, friends also that some institutes are asking for gap certificate too. In my view this is all useless until it comes to admission. Anyone should be able to apply with minimum documents at first and then when final admission is done everything required can be asked to submit. As of now we need to fill the application form with the current requirements and here are my views on it.

If you are a passing out students, much of the issues are resolved because you get all these certificates Migration, Transfer, and Character after you passed out. To be safe side, attach a simple letter saying that you are passing out student and will submit the documents once issued by the university at the time of interview or admission.

If you already passed out, then you must have a Transfer certificate with you as you get that when go and collect your final certificates. If you don’t have you better apply for it as soon as possible, one the same time you can also apply for character certificate too.

Migration certificate is usually issue by the university, these days most of the universities are issuing it by mails. Check with your university, if they have that service, you can just write a mail attach a DD and send it. Keep the postal and photo copy of DD safe until you get migration certificate.

While applying for M.Tech if you don’t have these certificates write a mail to admission committee saying the you applied for these certificates and will produce them at the time admission.

As it is just an application form for admission they will not be very hard on it if you write a letter, assuring you will submit these documents once you are admitted and already in a process of acquiring them.

Hope this helps you all, pass to other who may need it. Thanks for dropping by.