IIT Mandi invites applications for MS and PhD in School of Basic Sciences, School of Computing and Electrical Engineering and School of Engineering. I wish they would have launched M.Tech admissions too. But I am very hopeful that next year almost all the new IITs will ask for M.Tech admissions.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree in appropriate Sciences with valid GATE score in appropriate discipline.
Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both part A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record. The Institution of Engineers (India), (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communications), The Aeronautical Society of India, The Indian Institute of Metals, The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, and The Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering .
Official Website: IIT Mandi MS / PhD Admissions 2011
Last date for receipt of completed application form: 06.05.2011
Do visit IIT M.Tech admissions 2011 for other admission notices. For All other M.Tech admissions, please refer to M.Tech admissions 2011.
Don’t forget to subscribe and like inspire n ignite on facebook. Do confirm your subscription after you submit your email address in the box given on top right side. Never hesitate to share good information with friends. It’s just a share click away.
WHEN SHORTLIST WILL BE ANNOUNCED.
csir mtech oppertunity for 2010 and 2011 batch
For any difficulty or problems you face while applying online, you may please contact: [email protected] .
For any Details kindly Contact
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
PWD Rest House 2nd Floor
Near Bus Stand
Mandi – 175 001, Himachal Pradesh
Tel/Fax : +91-1905-237731
Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
Old Library Building
IIT Roorkee Campus
Tel/Fax : +91-1332-285223
For any difficulty or problems you faced while applying online, you may please contact: [email protected]
These are the documents required at the time of interview at IIT Mandi
1. A Demand Draft for Rs.250/- (Rs.125/- only for SC/ST, PH and female candidates) drawn in favour of “Registrar IIT Mandi”.
2. Attested SSLC/SSC/Matriculation Certificates.
3. Two passport size photographs.
4. One set of Xerox copies of Degree Certificate, with originals.
5. Attested copy of Community Certificate in the case of OBC/SC/ST students issued by the respective state goverment
6. Attested copy of authorised Doctor’s Certificate with disability descriptions in the case of PH candidates.
7. Employer’s Certificate in the prescribed format in the case of candidates applying for Ph.D/M.S, under part-time scheme and under external scheme (a copy of the degree certificate of Co-guide should also be attached).
8. Sponsorship certificate from the employer as per format in the case of candidates who apply for M.S. (sponsored) programme
9. Project Co-ordinator’s certificate in the prescribed format and a copy of project appointment letter from Dean IC&SR of IITM in the case of project staff if already appointed.
10. Original valid GATE Scorecard / valid NET (UGC-JRF/Lectureship/CSIR/DAE-JEST) award letter. (required of MS applicants, optional for PhD students
Regarding application fee
Register and Fill ur details online
Then u will be informed
“An application fee is payable by those candidates who are shortlisted for interview. This fee is payable by means of demand draft for Rs. 250 drawn in favour of “The Registrar IIT Mandi” payable at Mandi. The fee is Rs.125 in the case of SC/ST/PD/Female candidates.”
sr please mention the no of seats too
i have secured a seat in IIT madras MS,chemical engg and having a background of instrumentation and control engg with good academics.After having brief talk with seniors and faculties, i came to know about the career opportunities as Phd, academics or some research organizations.
i would like to have your view over the same i.e. career opportunities.
Sir, can u please write a post on doin ms in iit or nit. What options to consider, exposure,quality of courses,expected cutt off, job career aspects… Now that iit mandi has called v need to decide to apply or not.
application fee is not mentioned…is it free???
I wished to ask you what is the difference between B Tech Electrical and B Tech Electrical and Electronics. Does any one hold any inherent advantage in GATE ‘EE’ paper?
Also, can one take M Tech Microelectronics after doing B Tech Electrical?
Thank you for your time.