Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 will release the application on the official website. Candidates who have passed class 10th (SSLC) are eligible to take part in Shillong Polytechnic Admission. Selection is done based on marks in Maths and Science subjects of the qualifying exam.
The admission process for this session 2022-23 will be purely online and there will be no physical submission of the hard copies of the completed application forms.
The main objective of the Shillong Polytechnic courses of studies is to produce technicians at the supervisory level to meet the demand for Technician manpower in various fields of development.
Shillong Polytechnic is located at Mawlai Kynton Massar, Shillong-793022 which is approximately 5 Km from the center of Shillong town.
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 Highlights
|Course Type||Diploma in Engineering|
|Admission Process||Marks in Mathematics and Science of SSLC/ HSLC/ equivalent exam and Interview and Medical Fitness|
|Interview Conducting Body||Admission Committee, Shillong Polytechnic|
|Duration of Course||3 years|
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Online Application Start On||To be announced|
|Last Date of Application||To be announced|
|Publication of final merit list||To be announced|
|Payment of fees||To be announced|
|Date of commencement of classes||To be announced|
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 Important Dates
- Criteria for selection of candidate for admission shall be based on the aggregate marks in Mathematics and Science secured in SSLC/HSLC/equivalentexamination.
- Candidates will be selected through appropriate screening/ selection process conducted by the Admission Committee, Shillong Polytechnic duly constituted by the Government of Meghalaya.
- Final selection shall be made by the Admission Committee, Shillong Polytechnic.
- All selected Candidates should join within the date fixed by the Principal. Original Class X mark sheets must be handed over to the Office during enrolment/payment of fees.
Shillong Polytechnic 2022 Eligibility
- The candidate must have passed Secondary School Leaving Certificate (10+) examination conducted by the Meghalaya Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent conducted by a recognized Board/Council securing at least 45% marks in Mathematics and Science.
- 40% marks in Mathematics and Science for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Communities of Meghalaya.
- Applicants should not be more than 21 years of age as on the 1st July of the year of admission relaxable by 1 (one) year for candidates who have passed HSSLC (12+), or equivalent examination, 3 (three) years for candidates belonging to SC/ST and 5 (five) years for persons with disabilities.
- Medical Fitness: A candidate should be physically fit and mentally sound and possess a minimum standard height of 1.5 meters relaxable to 1.3 meters for Hills Tribes, weight averaging 41 kg, chest 72 cm with minimum expansion of 2.5 cm and free from any type of physical handicap which might hamper efficient performance of students professional studies. Physical standards are relaxable in case of Girls candidates to a certain extent. A candidate after being selected for admission should obtain Medical Fitness Certificate from a Government Doctor/Medical Officer.
Shillong Polytechnic 2022 Application Process
To apply for an Online Application, a candidate must have to log in with his registered email address and filled up the application form the Candidate must keep his login ID and Password saved for future reference.
- Candidates need to go first to the official website of Shillong Polytechnic.
- Candidate have to fill the application form with all the details given.
- Then Candidate have to take out the application form print out.
- Then submit the duly filled form to the Office of Principal, Shillong Polytechnic on or before the submission date given in the admission notice
Shillong Polytechnic 2022 Documents Required at the Time of Admission
- Paste one recent Passport Size Photograph of the candidate in the space provided
- on the printout of the online application form and signed across.
- True copies of Marks Sheet of qualifying examination passed.
- Copy of class X Admit Card.
- Documentary evidence of age (true copy of Admit Card or Certificate of Board/University).
- Up to-date Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Certificate from the employer for a candidate who is already under employment.
- Scheduled Tribe/ Caste Certificate from District Authority.
- Permanent Residential Certificate is case of Non-Tribal candidates from the Deputy Commissioner or the District Magistrate in which the applicant resides.
- Printed e-payment receipt/ payment acknowledgement of Rs. 100.00 through State Bank Collect.
- NCC/ NSS Certificate, if any.
Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 Courses & Seats
|Civil Engineering||60 Seats|
|Electrical Engineering||30 Seats|
|Mechanical Engineering||30 Seats|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||30 Seats|
|Computer Science & Engineering||30 Seats|
|Information Technology||20 Seats|
Do share with friends and in case of questions please feel free to drop a comment.
Wish you All Good Luck !!
How to apply to Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022
To apply Shillong Polytechnic Admission 2022 candidates have to visit the official website and apply before the last date.
Does Shillong Polytechnic admission have entrance exam?
No, Shillong Polytechnic Admission doesn’t have any entrance exam. Candidates have to select on merit based.