IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission 2023: IIT Bhilai invites applications for admission to M.Tech programs in various disciplines for the session starting on March 2023. IIT Bhilai final Admission schedule is based on a written test or interview.
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission Applicants must have registered in the COAP portal before filling up the application form in the online admission portal of IIT Bhilai. Applicants have to apply separate application forms for applying in more than one discipline.
Applicants meeting the eligibility criteria as defined hereunder are invited to apply for admission to the M. Tech program at IIT Bhilai as regular students. A student admitted to the regular IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission program of the institute shall receive an institute fellowship.
Application submission form starts on 21st March 2023 and closed on 16th April 2023
Here we are trying to help you with all the queries of M.Tech admission where you can find M.Tech Top Colleges post related to confusion on M.Tech Distance and also many other Advises related to M.Tech. We are trying to provide you with updated GATE cutoffs of all colleges.
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission 2023 Eligibility criteria
A. Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with first class, 60% marks(55% marks for SC/ST)or equivalent.
2. Master’s degree in science or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST)or equivalent.
3. #B.Pharma (with 4 years), with first class, 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST)or equivalent.
4. #M.B.B.S or B.D.S or related degree(with at least 4 years), with first class, 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST)or equivalent.
# represents the eligibility for MTech in Bioengineering.
B. Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements.
1. Valid GATE Score/GPAT Score (refer Table 1 for Discipline-specific criteria).
2. CPI/CGPA of 8.0 in BTech, if done from an IIT.
An ongoing degree may also be considered as a qualifying degree provided the applicant completes all graduation requirements before the MTech program starts. Discipline-specific requirements are given in Table 1.
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission Discipline Criteria 2023
|M.Tech program in||Criteria|
|Bioengineering||GATE Score in BM/BT/CH/CS/CY/EC/EE/MA/ST/XE/XL/ME/PH/IN or GPAT.|
|Computer Science and Engineering||GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH.|
|Data Science and Artificial Intelligence||GATE score in any engineering discipline/MA/ST.|
1. Power Systems and Power Electronics
2. Control and Instrumentation
|GATE score in EE/ EC/ IN/ CS/ PH.|
|Electric Vehicle Technology||GATE score in ME/ EE/ EC/ IN/ AE/ CY/CH/XE/XE-F/XE-C/PI.|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||GATE Score in EC/EE/IN/PH/CS.|
|Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering||GATE Score in any engineering discipline/CY/PH/GG/XE.|
1. Design and Manufacturing
2. Thermal and Fluids Engineering
|GATE score in AE/ CE/ ME/ PI/ PH/ XE.|
|Mechatronics Engineering||GATE Score in ME/EE/EC/PI/IN/AE/CS.|
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Start date for application (online only)||21st March 2023 (10:00 Hrs IST)|
|Last date for submitting the online application form including payment of the application fee||16th April 2023 (17:00 Hrs IST)|
|Shortlisting/Selection Process||17th April 2023 onwards|
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission 2023 Programs
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission offers M.Tech programs in the following disciplines.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electric Vehicle Technology
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission 2023 Application Process
The candidate has to apply online from the IIT Bhilai website. After filling in the details an application number will be generated. you will be able to generate your online application print with your specific details/data. This application print may be retained with you for future requirements.
Make Payment: Payment of application fee has to be made through State Bank Collect only.
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission 2023 Application Fee
|SC / ST / PwD / female candidates||100/-|
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission Application Process
STEP-I: Apply Online
The candidate has to apply online from the IIT Bhilai website. After filling in the details, an Application Number will be generated. The candidate should note down the Application Number. Please note that you have to upload your testimonials wherever it is required to validate your information along with your digital photograph and signature. After the final submission of your online application, you will be able to generate your online application print with your specific details/data. This application print may be retained with you for future requirements.
STEP-II: Make Payment
An application fee of 100 INR is applicable for SC/ST/PwD/female candidates and 200 INR is applicable for other candidates. Payment of application fee has to be made through State Bank Collect only. Candidate to visit SBI Collect, for fees payment and select MTech Application Fee as per the appropriate category. The candidate has to clearly mention the application id in the correct format(Eg: ME-101) while filling up SBI collect challan for payment. After making payment, SBI Collect will generate a payment reference number (viz. DU12345678), candidate has to retain a copy of sbi i-collect receipt for any future reference.
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission Guidelines for M.Tech applications
- Applicants must have registered in the COAP portal before filling up the application form in the online admission portal of IIT Bhilai. COAP registration number is mandatory for filling up the application form.
- Applicants must read all the instructions carefully before filling up the application form IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission
- The online application form is available at IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission Application received by any other means shall not be processed further.
- Separate application form is to be filled out if applicants are applying in more than one discipline.
- Reservations are applicable for applicants in Economically weak section (EWS)/ Other Backward Class Non-Creamy layer (OBC-NCL)/ Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with benchmark disability (PwD) category, as per Government of India rules. Necessary supporting documents must be attached to avail such reservation during online application and the same will be verified at the time of admission.
- Applicants should complete the application form in all respects. An incomplete application will not be considered.
- Applicants MUST keep the following documents (softcopy) ready to upload during their application process:
• Academic certificates (10th, 12th / Diploma, UG & PG certificates, etc. whichever is applicable)
• Mark-sheet of all semesters/Consolidated mark-sheet of the qualifying degree. Result awaited candidates have to
upload their latest/previous semester mark-sheet.
• Category certificate (EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST), if applicable.
• Experience certificate and any other relevant documents, whichever applicable.
- Applicants are encouraged to combine all their testimonials as a single PDF file and upload the same in the application portal.
- Applicants must also provide the details of at least two well-acquainted people who can provide reference letters in support of the candidature of the applicant. At least one of them must be an academician and must have taught the applicant.
- Applicants having degrees from foreign universities should upload an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi for qualifying Exam and proof of having first-class or 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks or equivalent in qualifying examination.
- Applicants are advised to check the Institute website as well as the COAP website for results / important announcements. Applicants are also advised to check emails sent to the email address provided in their applications for all important communications and announcements. Offer letters will be made available only through the COAP portal.
- Any communication regarding the admission would be made only through e-mail.
- Shortlisted applicants for IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission will be called for an ONLINE interview. At the time of the interview, the candidates shall have the following documents readily available with them in hardcopy and softcopy, as applicable
• Photo ID Card,
• Printed copy of the application submitted online,
• Thesis / dissertation / report / publications,
• All Original certificates and mark sheets.
IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission Thrust Research Area (Not limited to)
|Discipline||IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admission Broad Areas of Research|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Systems and Networks: Architecture, Parallel computing, Embedded computing, VLSI, Computer/Wireless networks, Edge computing, Compilers, Distributed systems.|
Theoretical computer science: Algorithms, Formal Verification Methods.
Security: Hardware, Software, Cryptography, Blockchains, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
|Data Science and Artificial Intelligence||AI & Machine Learning: Pattern Recognition, Deep Learning.|
Data analytics: Computer vision, Analysis of multimedia data such as audio, image and video. Analysis of remote sensing data, Multimedia forensics
Social & complex network analysis: Information diffusion, fake news detection, community detection.
|Electrical Engineering||Communications & Systems: Computer/Wireless networks, Intelligent transportation, Embedded systems & ML applications in IoT & Healthcare.|
Devices: Solar cells, PV module, Nanoelectronics.
Circuit Design: VLSI and Microelectronics, Analog/Digital/Mixed signal IC Design, CMOS Image sensors, Photo-sensors, Application Specific ICs (ASICs), System-on-a-chip (SoC), Product level Electronic System Design.
Power: Application of Power electronics to power system,Renewable Energy,Electric Vehicle.
Control & Instrumentation: Remote sensing, Bio-sensors, Digital Control.
Signal Processing: Digital Speech Processing, Image Processing, Video Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), Analysis of remote sensing images/data, Multimedia forensics, Pattern Recognition, Deep Learning.
|Electric Vehicle Technology||Data-driven Control, Battery Modeling, Electric Drives, Motors, Power Electronics based Control for Electric Vehicles (EV) Application, Welding for Battery Packs, Additive Manufacturing for Automotive Components, Numerical Simulation, Battery Thermal Management System (BTMS), EV Management Systems including Battery Management, Hybrid and Electric Vehicles, Battery Protection against Mechanical Abuse, Energy Storage Technologies, Battery Chemistry, Energy and Electrochemistry, Development of Electrode Materials for Battery, Battery Pack Construction.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Solid Mechanics and Design: Computational mechanics, Experimental Mechanics, Damage and Fracture Mechanics.|
Fluid and Thermal Sciences: Microfluidics, Multiphase flow and heat transfer, Droplet and Interfacial Science, Thermal hydraulics of Nuclear reactor, Internal combustion (IC) Engines Alternative fuels and exhaust aftertreatment, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Boiling and Condensation, Thermal Comfort, Building Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy.
Manufacturing and Material Science: Bioinspired microtextured surfaces, Metal cutting, non-conventional machining, metal forming, Advanced PVD coating for cutting tools, Modelling and simulation of manufacturing processes, Additive manufacturing, Micromachining, Surface treatment, Surface texturing, Aluminium, Magnesium and Titanium alloys, Metal matrix composites, High entropy alloys, High-temperature materials, Severe Plastic deformation, Casting, Powder metallurgy, Structure-Property Correlations, Thin-film tribology, Friction stir welding and processing, Surface Engineering.
|Mechatronics||Online condition monitoring in advanced manufacturing processes, Microfabrication, Building mechatronics, and Intelligent buildings, AI-assisted laser-based manufacturing/metal forming, Feedback controlled material testing, Application of machine vision in mechanical testing, Portable devices for manufacturing, Pneumatic actuator systems control using thermally responsive fluids, Digital microfluidics, Maglev microrobotics, Neuromechanics and Assistive Robotics, Consensus control of UAV, Cognitive automation and Machine/Artificial Intelligence, Cooperative and adaptive mechatronics system, Computer vision, Data-driven modeling and control|
Dnt forget to download our new App iStudy and take full advantage of it !!
For all other IIT GATE cutoffs in 2021 do refer to the IIT Bhilai GATE cutoff 2021. For Questions, you can either comment you can ask here or ask on the InI forum at M.Tech admissions.
For regular updates do like us on Facebook, follow us on Google Plus, and subscribe to feed for email updates. Don’t forget to share with friends.
Wish You All Good Luck !!