GATE eligibility criteria 2023 should be referred to before filling GATE 2023 application form. GATE eligibility criteria 2023 table is given below do check to know if you are eligible for your paper.
InI has been working hard on GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023 information, data collection, and analysis for years to help students better prepare for the GATE exam and excel there.
If you are preparing for GATE, download iStudy Mobile App for all GATE Syllabus, Previous Question Papers, and Keys, preparation guide, Exam updates, Gate Virtual calculator, Gate Score calculator, and IITs & NITs cutoffs. It is a lightweight, easy to use, with no images, and no ads platform to make students’ lives easier.
We created GATE score calculator based on data from 2013 to 2022, IIT GATE cutoffs and CCMT GATE cutoffs will give the last score admitted in IITs and NITs for M.Tech. GATE Eligibility Criteria are given below in detail
GATE 2023 examination will be conducted in February 2023 by IIT Kanpur
Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission to Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering / Technology / Architecture.
GATE 2023 added the two new papers Geomatics Engineering (GE) and Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM) will provide direct benefits to graduates.
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023
- A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program.
- A candidate who has already completed any government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible for appearing in the GATE 2022 exam.
- However, the candidates who possess certification from any of the professional societies must ensure that those examinations conducted by the societies are approved by MoE/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Planning, etc.
- Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: Must be currently in the 3rd or higher years or completed their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 3 years) in Engineering / Technology / Science / Arts / Commerce.
|Degree/Program||GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023|
|Description of Eligible Candidates||Expected Year of Completion|
|B.E. / B.Tech. / B. Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc. / Diploma in Engineering / Technology)||Currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed||2024|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree of Architecture (5- year course) / Naval Architecture (4- year course) / Planning (4- year course)||Currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed||2025 (for 5-year program), 2024 (for 4-year program)|
|B.Sc. (Research) / B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed||2024|
|Pharm. D. (after 10+2)||6 years degree program, consisting of internship or residency training, during third year onwards||Currently in the 3rd/4th/5th/6th year or already completed||2026|
|M.B.B.S./B.D.S.||Degree holders of M.B.B.S./B.D.S. and those who are in the 5th/6th/7th semester or higher semester of such programme.||5th, 6th, 7th or higher semester or already completed||2024|
|M. Sc. / M.A. / MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Arts/Science/Mathematics/Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the first year or higher or already Completed||2024|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (4-year program)||Currently in any year||any year|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech./M.Pharm or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5-year program)||Currently in the 3rd /4th/5th year or already completed||2025|
|B.Sc. / B.A. / B.Com.||Bachelor degree in any branch of Science / Arts / Commerce (3-year program)||Currently in the 3rd year or already completed||2023|
|Int. M.Sc. / Int. B.S. / M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or 5-year integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed||2024|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch.)||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MoE/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
Some of these Professional Societies /Institutions which conduct examinations in various fields of engineering are as follows.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IE)
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (IIChemE)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
- The Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
Candidates who possess certification from any of the professional societies must ensure that those examinations conducted by the societies are approved by MHRD/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Planning etc.
Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India
- Must have completed or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 4 years) in Engineering/Technology or;
- Must have completed or are in the final year of their Post Graduate (Master’s) degree (duration: at least 2 years) in any relevant subjects in science.
Note: If a candidate is pursuing any higher degree or has already obtained a degree higher than that mentioned in the above table the candidate should select the minimum required qualifying degree while filling out the application form.
Documents Required for Applying GATE 2023
A candidate who has already passed earlier one of the qualifying examinations listed in the table has to submit the degree certificate/provisional certificate/course completion certificate/professional certificate/membership certificate issued by the institute or society.
If a candidate is expected to complete one of the qualifying criteria specified in the table has to upload a certificate from the head of the department or institute or a copy of the mark sheet for section A of AMIE. This certificate must mandatory have the signature and seal of the Head of Institute/Department
with the current date.
We know GATE preparation is hard and needs lots of motivation, do read GATE Motivation, GATE Toppers Interviews, and personals from Zahid to get energy flowing. In case you have questions do use the InI Question Answer platform to discuss doubts. For more information and better preparation keep following us InI GATE students can visit the GATE 2022 official website too.
Wish You Good Luck !!