Institutes of Information Technology are started on a private-public university model, to give an alternative to IIT education, not exactly an alternative but a very good second level choice for students. IITs are anyhow top institutes in the country and I don’t think any other institute is an alternative to them. Refer to M.Tech Admissions 2010 and Non GATE M.Tech admissions for more notices and updates. On the other hand, IIITs have a far better infrastructure and faculty than many govt. colleges and universities, making them a better choice for students.
Try iStudy App for GATE Score Calculator, Virtual Calculator, Official Papers and Answers (No Ads, No Pdfs)
IIITs offer Admissions to Master degree in Engineering, specially related to Computer Science and Information Technology. Admissions are taken on the basis of an exam conducted by these Institutes. They have status of Deemed universities and have freedom for designing course.
Few of the IIITs don’t offer M.Tech their degrees are named as Post Graduate Degree in Information Technology or MS in Computer Science. They all have good campus placements and recruitment cells. These institutes have good Industry collaborations for research and development.
M.Tech or MS Admission notices for IIITs are as follows:
1. IIIT Hyderabad M.Tech admissions 2010 : is a public-private institution with great industry participation. Location is another advantage of this institute.
2. IIIT Bangalore M.Tech admissions 2010: also a public-private institution with great industry participation. Location is another advantage of this institute.
3. IIIT Allahabad M.Tech admissions 2010: is a Central government institute with a mission of providing a state of art educational infrastructure and facilities.
4. IIITM Kerala M.Tech admissions 2010: Started in 2000 with a great industry collaboration.
5. IIIT Gwalior M.Tech Admissions 2010: This is a Central Government funned institute with great infrastructure.
6. IIIT Pune : started in 2003 and have good interaction with industry. Location is great advantage for this institute.
7. IIIT DM Jabalpur : Established in 2005 in collaboration with Japan. Have great affiliations and possibility of exchange between India and Japan. Major concentration is on manufacturing and mechanical engineering.
8. IIIT Bhubaneswar : started in 2007 with a good infrastructure and government support.
9. IIIT Delhi: It was created as state university 2007. Location is great advantage.
10. IIITD&M Kanchipuram: This is in Chennai and started by MHRD, Central Government. Offers only B.Tech and PhD
11. IIIT Nuzvid: Its new start in 2008 in Vijaywada Andhra Pradesh.
All IIITs don’t provide similar atmosphere and infrastructure and opportunities. Top ones are definitely good but bottom ones can not compete with some state universities too. In India studying in Govt. But if you have less GATE score then IIIT Masters programs gives good alternative.
Feel free to comment and ask or share information. Also subscribe for all updates related to M.Tech admissions and more.
Wish you all great luck with Master Admissions.