JEE Advanced organized by IIT Kharagpur offers admission into undergraduate courses leading to a Bachelor’s, Integrated Masters, or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Architecture.
The Joint Entrance Examination Advanced 2024 (JEE Advanced 2024) will be conducted by the seven Zonal Coordinating IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2024. The performance of a candidate in JEE (Advanced) 2024 will form the basis for admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s, and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs in the academic year 2024. The decisions of the JAB 2024 will be final in all matters related to JEE (Advanced) 2024 and admission to IITs in the academic year 2024-25.
JEE Advanced 2023 Important Dates
|JEE Advanced Online registration begins||To be announced|
|JEE Advanced Online registration closes||To be announced|
|JEE Advanced Last date for fee payment for registered candidates||To be announced|
|JEE Advanced Date of Examination||To be announced|
|JEE Advanced Paper 1||To be announced|
|JEE Advanced Paper 2||To be announced|
JEE Advanced 2024 Academic Programs Offered at IITs
|Dual Degree B.Tech. -M.Tech.||5 Years|
|Dual Degree B.S.-M.S.||5 Years|
|Integrated M.Tech.||5 Years|
|Integrated M.Sc.||5 Years|
These Institutes also have other academic programs, like B.Des., M.Tech., M.Sc., M.Sc.Tech., M.Des., Ph.D., etc. with different admission criteria.
candidates who wish to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2024 must write JEE (Main) B.E./B.Tech. the paper of which will be held in the month of January and September in a year the candidates will get twice a chance to attempt these competitive exams.
Every year more than 2,50,000 candidates successfully write the JEE Mains exam in B.E./B.Tech. including all categories. JEE advanced 2024 is a tough competition to get admission to top IITs in India.
JEE Advanced 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit: Candidates should have been born on or after 1st October 1995 Five years of relaxation are given to SC, ST, and PwD candidates should have been born on or after 1st October 1990.
- A number of attempts: A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in two consecutive years.
- Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination: A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Earlier admission at IITs: A candidate should not be admitted to an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program OR accepted an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting center in the past. Candidates whose admission at IITs was canceled after joining any IIT are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2024.
JEE College Predictor (Advanced & Main) is developed on JEE Advance cutoff and JEE Mains cutoff data taken from JOSAA official website. The JEE Mains and Advanced cutoff data have been collected from 2012 to 2022. The JEE Main college predictor is India’s most exhaustive JEE Cutoff tool that is available free and without registration.
JEE Advanced Rank Predictor or JEE advanced Marks vs Rank or marks vs percentile is a tool to help predict JEE Advanced rank in 2022. The JEE Advanced mark vs rank data for 2016, 2017, 2018, 219, 2020, 2021, and 2020 can be considered for predicting the 2022 JEE Advanced rank. The idea is inspired by [collegepredictor.ai].
We also have a set of the JEE exam tools. You might be interested to take a look at JEE Main College Predictor, JEE Advance Rank Predictor and JEE advanced College Predictor. The College predictors give a list of rank wise college lists for different categories, rounds, and years.
All aspirants of JEE Advanced should know the syllabus of the JEE Advanced exam. Aspirants must cover all the topics of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Architecture Aptitude Test from class 11th and 12th, standard. Along with NCERT books, aspirants can study from JEE reference books and JEE study materials. Aspirants should also solve questions from past year’s papers of JEE Advanced to know what type of questions you can expect in the examination and how they can solve it to a minimum time.
JEE Advanced 2024 Registration
JEE Advanced 2024 Registration has simple three steps
- The first step is to register for JEE Advanced 2024. Click on the link to register for JEE Advanced 2024 Registration
- Candidates will be required to log in on the JEE Advanced registration website using their JEE Main 2024 roll number, password, and security pin. Foreign candidates can apply directly by filling out the online registration form. They must note down their Login ID and Password
- After logging in successfully candidates will be required to fill in their academic and personal details. These should be the same as entered during JEE main 2024 registrations.
- Next step, candidates need to upload the scanned certificates in the required format.
- Payment of JEE Advanced registration fees
Registration Portal: Candidates must register for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2024 Registration is only through the online JEE advanced 2024 registration portal.
JEE Advanced 2024 Documents Required for Registration
- Class 10th certificate or date of birth certificate
- 12th class certificate
- GEN – EWS certificate (issued on or after April 01)
- OBC-NCL certificate (if applicable – issued after April 01 in consonance with latest guidelines with Govt. of India)
- SC / ST category (issued as per the latest guidelines of Govt. of India)
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable – Form – PwD II, III, IV) (Dyslexic candidates need to submit Form Dyslexic 1 and 2 instead of Form-PwD)
- DS form certificate issued by the competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India
- Scribe letter request (for candidates needing the service of a scribe) (The request letter has to be sent to the Chairman of the respective zonal coordinating IIT)
- OCI card / PIO card / Foreign Passport or Citizenship certificate
- Photo identity proof (For Foreign Nationals)
JEE Advanced 2024 Registration Fee
Female Candidates (all categories)
SC, ST, PwD Candidates
All Other Candidates
Candidates from SAARC countries
Candidates from Non-SAARC countries
Detailed instructions related to the payment of the registration fee will be provided at the time of JEE (Advanced) 2024 registration on the online registration portal.
JEE Advanced 2024 Mode of Examination
The JEE Advanced 2024 examination will be conducted only in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. To attain familiarity with the CBT mode candidates are advised to take mock tests available on the JEE Advanced 2024 website
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern & Question Paper
JEE (Advanced) 2024 will consist of two question papers: Paper 1 & Paper 2 of three hours duration for each paper and both papers are compulsory. Each question paper will consist of three separate sections Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The question papers will consist of questions designed to test the comprehension, reasoning, and analytical ability of candidates.
|Mode of the examination||Computer-based examination (CBT)|
|Medium of the examination||English & Hindi|
|Number of Papers||Paper 1 & Paper 2|
|Number of section||Three Sections in both Papers|
|Time Duration||3 hours for each paper (4 hours for PwD candidates)|
JEE Advanced Admit Card
Candidates who successfully registered for JEE (Advanced) can download the admit card from the online JEE (Advanced) registration portal
- The admit card will bear the following details of the candidate:
Name, Roll the number for JEE (Advanced) 2024 photograph, signature, date of birth, address of the candidate, and Name of center allotted to the candidate.
- Candidates should carefully examine the entries on the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced)
- In case of any problem in downloading the admit card, the candidate should immediately contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2024 of their respective zonal coordinating IIT.
- A printout of the downloaded admit card along with an original and valid photo
- Candidate must carry an Identity card (any one of Aadhaar, School ID, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport, PAN Card) at the time of examination
- without an Admit card and Identity card candidate will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
JEE Advanced Study Material
NCERT books should be your best friends during your JEE Advanced preparation. Aspirants must thoroughly follow it. The following are some of the best books for JEE Advanced. The survey focused on Books based on the NCERT syllabus that helped many students to crack JEE Advanced or at least was helpful to understanding the basic concepts. Along with books I also recommend you refer to question banks’ previous year’s question papers and other JEE Advanced specific study materials.
JEE Advanced Best Books for Physics
|Name of Books||Author|
|Concepts of Physics Vol I and II||H.C. Verma|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick & Walker|
|Aptitude Test Problems in Physics||S S Krotov|
|Advance Physics||Nelkon and Parker|
|Dynamics of a Particle & of Rigid Bodies||S.L. Loney|
|Problem in Physics||V. Zubov & V. Shalnov|
|Problems in physics||A. A Pinsky|
|Elements of Dynamics Part I & II||S. L Loney|
|Physics Vols I & II||Tipler|
|Feynman Lectures on Physics||R. P. Feynman|
|The Feynman Lectures on Physics vols 1 & 2||R. P. Feynman|
JEE Advanced Best Books for Maths
|Name of Books||Authors|
|Maths XI & XII||R.D. Sharma|
|Higher Algebra||Hall Knight|
|Problems in Calculus of One Variable||I.A. Maron|
|Differential Calculus||Arihant Prakashan|
|Integral Calculus||Arihant Prakashan|
|Plane Trigonometry Part 1||S.L. Loney|
|Plane Co-ordinate Geometry||S. L. Loney|
|Higher Algebra||Hall and Knight|
|Introduction Probability & Its Applications||W. Feller|
|Vector and 3D Geometry||Arihant Prakshan|
JEE Advanced Best Books for Chemistry
|Name of Books||Authors|
|Physical Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Numerical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|University Chemistry||Bruce H. Mahan|
|Numerical Chemistry||R.C. Mukharjee|
|Physical Chemistry||P. Bahadur (For Reading Theory)|
|Physical Chemistry||P.W. Atkins|
|University Chemistry||Bruce H. Mahan|
|IITJEE Chemistry||O.P Agarwal|
|Chemistry Principles & Applications||Seinko & Plane|
|Organic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||Paula Bruice Yurkanis|
|Inorganic Chemistry||Arihant Prakashan|
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P. Tandon|
JEE Advanced Preparation Tips
JEE Advanced is one of the top engineering entrance exams and gives you a great opportunity to get admission into India’s top IITs
Every one of you will try harder to get a crack JEE Advanced and get admission to one of the best institutes in India. Cracking JEE Advanced is not an easy task sometimes it requires months or even years of hard work and preparation. Most of the aspirants usually start their preparations at least a year ahead while some tend to start a month or two before the scheduled examination date. While everybody has their own strategy and study plans for exam preparation.
Here we come up with a few tips
- Syllabus Firstly You should know the complete syllabus, understand the topics, and try to divide it according to your schedule.
- Selection of Study Material Yes, selection of study material is most important for better preparation because it gives you the clarity to understand the topics in a better way. selection of books and help you a lot.
- Time Table This plays a very important role in your preparation, It’s completely in your hand to schedule it and plan your study. Plan your study pattern and sticking to it is very important Self evaluate regularly
JEE Advanced Rank
Results will be declared Category-wise All India Ranks (AIR) of successful candidates will be available through the JEE (Advanced) online portal after the results are declared. Text messages will also be sent to the candidates to their registered mobile numbers. Individual rank cards will not be sent to candidates. Qualifying in JEE (Advanced) filling up choices, and/or participating in the joint seat allocation process do not guarantee a candidate gets admission to IITs.
Admission will depend on the availability of seats during various rounds of seat allocation in various IITs.
All JEE Advanced Tools including previous year question papers with keys for all departments are also made available on iStudy app, currently on Google Play. you can also visit the official site for more updates.