IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) opens recruitment through GATE 2023 for fresh Engineering Graduates is a diversified, Integrated Energy Major with a presence in Oil, Gas, Petrochemicals, and Alternative Energy sources.
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. has been featuring year after year among India’s Best Companies to Work For and has been recognized as Best Employer among Nation-Builders.
Indian Oil is looking for energetic and dedicated Graduate Engineers with bright academic records to join the Organization as Engineers/Officers from the following Disciplines.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Sc and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical EngineeringMetallurgical Engineering
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023 Eligibility
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have appeared and qualified in GATE 2023 from any one of the disciplines mentioned below.
|Engineering Discipline in BE/B.Tech||GATE code|
|Chemical Engineering (GATE 2022 code: CH)||CH|
|Computer Sc & Engineering||CS|
- A candidate can apply in IOCL only in any one of the aforesaid disciplines. However, in order to apply, the candidate must have qualified GATE 2023 examination in the said discipline and also done his/her BE/B.Tech from the same discipline.
- Qualifying in GATE 2023 from disciplines other than 07 (Seven) disciplines mentioned above shall not be accepted towards eligibility for the advertised post.
- GATE marks of previous years (GATE 2023 or before) shall also not be accepted.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023 Qualifying Degree
Qualifying Degree B.Tech./BE /Equivalent as Full-time Regular course from Institutions/ Colleges/ Universities/ Deemed Universities duly recognized by AICTE/UGC in any one of the following disciplines.
|Engineering Discipline in BE/B.Tech||Eligible GATE 2023 discipline|
|Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals/Polymer/ Plastic Engineering but excluding Rubber/ Oil/ Paint Technology/ Surfactant Technology/Ceramics Engineering etc.)||Chemical Engg GATE Code – CH|
|Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/Environmental/Transportation Engineering etc.)||Civil Engg GATE Code – CE|
|Computer Science & Engineering (Including Information Technology Engineering but excluding Information & Communications Technology etc).||Computer Science GATE Code – CS|
|Electrical Engineering (including Electrical & Electronics Engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Power Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering etc.)||Electrical Engineering GATE Code – EE|
|Instrumentation Engineering (including Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering etc.)||Instrumentation Engineering GATE Code – IN|
|Mechanical Engineering (excluding Automation/ Automobile/ Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Power/ Production Engineering/ Mining Engineering & Technology, Mining & Machinery/Marine Engineering/ Robotics/ Welding etc.)||Mechanical Engineering GATE Code – ME|
- A candidate who is pursuing/has completed M.Tech in Power Systems (which is not an eligible discipline under this recruitment process) but has done B.Tech./BE in Electrical Engineering (which is an eligible discipline under this recruitment process) is eligible to apply only if the candidate has appeared and qualified in GATE – 2022 in Electrical Engineering discipline (which is an eligible discipline). However, vice versa instances of this example will not be considered towards meeting eligibility for applying to the advertised positions under the Electrical Engg discipline.
- Such candidates must have both BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech degrees by 30th September 2022, if selected in Indian Oil.
- If a candidate is pursuing/completed integrated ME/M.Tech programme and is awarded two separate degrees i.e. BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech, then the percentage of marks/CGPA obtained by the candidates in BE/BTech only will be considered to determine the eligibility of the candidate.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Upper Age Limit
Candidates applying from the General/EWS category should not be more than 26 years as of 30th June 2023. Relaxation to candidates applying from other categories shall apply as per government guidelines. The following cut-off on the Date of Birth shall apply.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Minimum Marks in Qualifying Degree
Candidates should have secured the following minimum marks in the qualifying degree examination
|Category||Minimum % Marks|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ PwBD||55%|
- Candidates currently in the final year/final semester of their qualifying degree may also apply subject to obtaining minimum marks as mentioned above from the aggregate of marks obtained in the minimum 07 (seven) semesters declared so far. However, if selected, they would be allowed to join only if, besides meeting other eligibility criteria, their aggregate marks in the qualifying examination are equal/more than the minimum percentage of marks as prescribed above. Such candidates should also be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by September 2023.
- Wherever final marks in the qualifying degree have been awarded as a letter grade (CGPA/GPI/SGPA etc), equivalent percentage of marks shall be adopted from the conversion formula issued by the respective institute/university for establishing eligibility criteria. Such candidates would be required to submit the conversion certificate issued by the concerned institute/university at the time of the Personal Interview if shortlisted. However, in case the institute does not follow any conversion formula for converting CGPA to Percentage, IOCL shall be at liberty to arrive at an equivalent percentage of marks following its own conversion formula.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Physical Fitness
- Pre – Employment Medical Examination Guidelines (PEME Guidelines) – Final selection of candidates is subject to meeting the physical fitness criteria as described in the PEME guidelines. Therefore, Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment Medical Examination’ placed on the registration portal and should satisfy they meet the physical fitness parameters as per the PEME guidelines before commencing filling the ONLINE application.
- The medical report towards physical fitness – as per the format mentioned in the guidelines shall be required to be submitted by the candidate at the time of joining if empaneled for the advertised positions.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Application Process
Applications for the current recruitment process shall be through ONLINE Mode only.
- Candidate should have following documents ready for uploading on the ONLINE portal at the time of registration:
a. Scanned copy of Recent Color Passport Size Photograph, captured in January 2022 or later.
b. Scanned copy of Signature
- Prior to applying ONLINE, Candidate will have to register his/her email id and mobile number on the online portal. Once registered, the email id and mobile number cannot be changed. Communications to the candidates shall be made on their registered email id/mobile number with our portal. Therefore, their email id and mobile number must be valid and should remain active for minimum 01 year from the date of application. Request for change of e-mail ID and mobile number will not be entertained.
- At the start of application process, candidate will be asked following details on the recruitment portal:
a. Date of Birth (dd-mm-yyyy format)
b. GATE 2022 Registration Number
c. GATE 2022 Disciplined. Marks obtained in GATE 2022 (Out of 100, up to two places of decimal without rounding off).
- The candidate will be allowed to proceed further in the application process only when the entries made against above queries are found to match with the GATE 2022 database.
- The candidate must read the On-Screen instructions very carefully while applying and filling the entries in the ONLINE form. Candidates must keep on verifying their entries repeatedly prior to submitting their ONLINE application, as no request for changes in the entries shall be entertained after submission of the ONLINE application form.
- Candidates applying from any of the reserved category (EWS/OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/PwBD) must have relevant and valid documents in support of their claim of belonging to reserved category from which they are applying, failing which their candidature may be cancelled. Such candidates must furnish details of such documents in ONLINE application portal wherever asked for.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Selection Process
The selection process shall consist of Group Discussion(GD), Group Task (GT) and Personal Interview (PI). However, the eligibility of the candidates shall be verified prior to GD, GT and PI and only those candidates shall be allowed to appear in GD, GT, and PI who are meeting the eligibility criteria by furnishing relevant and valid documents in latest formats in Original at the time of document verification.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Shortlisting Procedure:
- Only those candidates shall be considered shortlisting for GD, GT, and PI who meet all eligibility criteria, applicable to them, as mentioned in this detailed advertisement.
- Shortlisting of eligible candidates shall be done category-wise in descending order of their marks obtained (out of 100) in GATE 2023.
- Merely qualifying in GATE-2023 examination does not guarantee short-listing for GD, GT, and Personal Interviews.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Document Readiness
- a) Candidates will be allowed to appear in GD, GT and PI only if they meet the eligibility criteria prescribed in the advertisement for recruitment of Engineers/Officers and Engagement of GAEs. Therefore, candidates must be in a position to produce valid and relevant documents in latest formats in Original in support of information furnished by them in their IOCL application form at the time of Document Verification process prior to GD, GT and PI, failing which candidates may not be allowed to participate in GD, GT and PI and may be declared ineligible for the position.
- Candidates are therefore advised to exercise utmost caution while filling up the application form.
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Merit List
Merit list shall be prepared only for those candidates who qualify in all of the following components of evaluation process individually as well as a consolidated weighted sum of these evaluation components:
a. GATE 2022 (marks out of 100)
b. Group Discussion and Group Task
c. Personal Interview
IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Service Bond
Candidates selected as Officer/Engineer will have to execute a bond to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining the corporation.
|General||Rs. Three Lakhs only|
|EWS/OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/ PwBD||Rs. Fifty Thousand only|
Good luck to one and all the applicants.
For the complete syllabus, results, class timetable, and many other features kindly download the iStudy App
It is a lightweight, easy to use, no images, and no pdf platform to make students\’s lives easier.