IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 – Ph.D. is a doctorate degree. The scope of pursuing the IIT Guwahati PhD course has increased and the course is granted by many IITs and other universities in India and abroad. It is a distinctive research-based program that prepares a candidate to become a competent researcher to carry out research in a specific specialization.
Ph.D. involves substantial research work and presentation of the thesis, which is to be accredited by fellow academicians. Students in numerous numbers apply for Ph.D. admissions in India every year.
The candidate can pursue a discipline/ stream that is the same in their post-graduation. Candidates who are willing to pursue a Ph.D. program from any IIT can find here the notification and tentative schedule for session 2021.
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 – Important Dates, Eligibility, Fee
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 invites application for admission to PhD programme for coming semester 2021-22. Below given the department eligibility and fee information in detail
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 Department
Architecture and Planning, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Applied Science and Engineering, Hydrology, Biotechnology, Hydro and Renewable Energy, Chemical Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Paper Technology, Earthquake Engineering, Polymer and Process Engineering, Earth Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Water Resources Development and Management
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 Mode of Admission
Admission through the bases of Merit & Online Test or Interview
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 Eligibility
- An applicant must be Master’s degree with minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10 point scale, or 60% marks for the General and OBC category.
For SC / ST or PWD candidates, the minimum CGPA requirements maybe relaxed to 5.50 on a 10 point scale or to 55% marks.
Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science Or Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
a. Scholars who are selected through national Eligibility Tests-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
b. The selection process through National Level Examinations conducted by MHRD and its Agencies and Institutes such as UGC/IIT/IISc/IISER etc.
- For candidates other than Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs), B.Tech / B.Arch / B.Pharm degree or equivalent with a GATE / GPAT/NET score and a minimum CGPA of 7.50 on a 10 point scale or 75% marks, irrespective of the category.
- For graduates from CFTIs, the minimum CGPA requirement is relaxed to 7.0 on a 10 point scale or 70% marks.CGPA or percentage of marks in aggregate, in case of marks are awarded, of all years/semesters will be considered. If the CGPA is awarded on a scale other than a 10 point scale, proportionate concession to a 10 point scale will be considered.
- The requirement of the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET score is not applicable to candidates in ISERS or P-ISIRS or P-ISERS category.
- Bachelors or Masters from IITs with a CGPA 8.0 and above on 10 scale point scale are exempted from the requirement of GATE / GPAT / JRF /NET.
- Candidates pursuing Master’s programs in Engineering or Architecture / Planning in the IIT Roorkee have CGPA 8.50 and above shall have a choice of lateral entry to the Ph.D. program after completing the first two semesters of the Master’s program.
- Candidates with MBBS / BDS degree from an Indian Universities / The institution shall have a minimum CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale, or 60% in the qualifying degree, irrespective of the category. They are exempt from the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET requirement.
- Candidates with a Master of Surgery (MS)/ Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from an Indian University / Institute are exempt from the minimum CGPA as well as the GATE / GPAT / JRF / NET requirement.
- Candidates with a medical degree from an overseas university/institute should have qualified for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination conducted by the National Board of Examination
- Candidates with Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) / Person of Indian Origin (PIO) status will be treated at par with Indian Nationals in the General Category.
For complete branch, wise eligibility do refer brochure
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 Fee
Fee for I semester: 54550/-
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 Application date
Announced to be soon
IIT Roorkee PhD Admission 2021 Brochure
IIT Roorkee PhD Brochure link
IIT PhD Admission 2021 Please refer to the IIT Roorkee PhD brochure given for more detail eligibility department wise as well as for fee details.
IIT PhD Admission 2021 Please refer to IITs brochure given for more detail eligibility department-wise as well as for fee details.
Do follow InI for more updates on Ph.D. upcoming semester we will update you with all updated information and changes as well as important dates of all semester admission.
Do follow us on Facebook, Instagram and keep visiting our InI make a bookmark.
Wish you all Good Luck