IIT Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 – Ph.D. is a doctorate degree. The scope of pursuing the IIT Hyderabad PhD course has increased and the course is granted by many IITs and other universities in India and abroad. It is a distinctive research-based program that prepares a candidate to become a competent researcher to carry out research in a specific specialization.
Ph.D. involves substantial research work and presentation of the thesis, which is to be accredited by fellow academicians. Students in numerous numbers apply for Ph.D. admissions in India every year.
The candidate can pursue a discipline/ stream that is the same in their post-graduation. Candidates who are willing to pursue a Ph.D. program from any IIT can find here the notification and tentative schedule for session 2023.
IIT Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 – Important Dates, Eligibility, Fee
IIT Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 invites applications for admission to PhD programme for the coming semester of 2023-24. Below given the department eligibility and fee information in detail.
IIT Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 Department
Artificial Intelligence, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Department of Chemistry, Department of Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Climate Change, Computer Science and Engineering, Design, Electrical Engineering, Liberal Arts, Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering, Department of Mathematics, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. Department of Physics
IIT Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 Mode of Admission
For admission to the program, there will be a preliminary shortlisting depending upon the academic background. Candidates who satisfy the shortlisting criteria need to appear for a written test and/or an interview.
Admission through the bases online written test or interview-based. If you are called for the Written test/Interview you need to carry all your documents, a printout of your application, payment reference document, and certificates with you.
IIT Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility
Civil Engineering Eligibility Criteria
|Environmental Engineering||First-class ME/MTech in Chemical/Environmental/Civil/Biotechnology/Remote Sensing/Climate Change/Agriculture|
MSc in chemistry/biology/biotech/environment/Maths/Nano from a recognized university with JRF funding
|Geotechnical Engineering||First class Bachelor’s degree (B.Tech / B.E) in Civil Engineering from a recognized university AND|
First class Master’s degree in Geotechnical (or allied) Engineering from a recognized university
|Structural Engineering||First class Bachelor’s degree (B.Tech / B.E) in Civil / Aerospace / Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University AND|
First class Master’s degree in Structural (or, allied) Engineering from a recognized University
|Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering||First class Bachelor’s degree (B.Tech/B.E) in Civil / Water Resources /Agriculture Engineering from a recognized university AND|
First class Master’s degree (M.Tech/ M.E) in Agriculture / Hydraulics / Hydrology / Water Resources / Environmental / Remote sensing and GIS /Hydrogeology/allied from a recognized university
|Transportation Engineering||First-class Bachelor’s degree (B.Tech/B.E) in Civil Engineering from a recognized university AND|
First-class Master’s degree (M.Tech/M.E) in Transportation /Highway Engineering/Computer Science / Electrical (or allied) Engineering from a recognized university
Chemical Engineering Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates with MTech/ME degree in Chemical Engineering are eligible to apply. A valid GATE score is not a pre-requisite.
- Candidates with MTech/ME degree in allied engineering disciplines such as Chemical Technology (Polymer, Petroleum, Petrochemical etc.) and Biotechnology are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with an MSc degree with a valid CSIR/UGC NET fellowship are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with a fellowship from an external funding agency (e.g., DST inspire) are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates working on a sponsored project at IITH can apply under this category.
- CGPA Requirement: BE/BTech in Chemical Engineering and allied discipline with 60% marks for general, 54% for OBC and 51% for SC/ST and ME/MTech in Chemical Engineering and allied discipline minimum of 8.0 CGPA (80%) for general, 7.2 CGPA (72%) for OBC and 6.8 CGPA (68%) for SC/ST.
BSc and MSc with minimum of 8.0 CGPA (80%) for general, 7.2 CGPA (72%) for OBC and 6.8 CGPA (58%) for SC/ST and valid CSIR/UGC NET qualification.
Biomedical Engineering Eligibility Criteria
- M.Tech./M.E./M.S.(Engineering/Technology)/MD/MDS degree in the respective or allied areas
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree in Sciences in an allied area and possessing a valid GATE score may also apply.
- For those who have not yet completed their qualifying examination, marks up to the 7th semester/ 3rd year (for B.Tech students) and 3rd semester/ 1st year for PG students will be considered
- Candidates with CSIR-NET-JRF / UGC-NET-JRF/DBT-JRF/ICMR-JRF/DST-INSPIRE awards for Research fellowship or equivalent are encouraged to apply
- Please note that stringent criteria may be used based on the marks in previous degrees in short-listing candidates to be called for an interview.
Artificial Intelligence Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility criteria for a regular PhD program are MTech/Equivalent Degree in CS/ECE/EE or related areas in Artificial Intelligence. The applicant must have already earned the Master’s degree, or should at least be in the final year of the respective program. In the latter case, it would be assumed that the candidate will be able to complete the degree by the time of admission into the PhD program. Candidates with MSc/MCA/equivalent PG degree with an EMDS at IIT-H may apply for a Regular PhD program.
Biotechnology Eligibility Criteria
- MTech in any allied area of Life Sciences/Biotechnology, MBBS. valid GATE score is not a pre-requisite.
- MSc degree in any allied area of Life Sciences/Biotechnology and possessing a valid National level JRF qualification.
- BTech/BE in any allied area of Life Sciences/Biotechnology and possessing a valid GATE score or valid National level JRF qualification
Chemistry Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s (MSc) degree in Chemical Sciences with a good academic record
- Valid GATE score/UGC-JRF/CSIR-JRF or DST Inspire or any other Scholarship
IIT Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 Fee
a) On or before the date of Financial Registration: Full fees to be refunded after deducting the processing charges of Rs. 2,500/- for all programs.
b) After the date of Financial Registration: No fees will be refunded. In case the candidate pays full fees, only the caution deposits will be refunded and mess charges will be collected on a pro-rata basis.
IIT Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 Application date
|The application portal opens from||To be announced|
|Last date for application||To be announced|
IIT Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 Brochure
IIT PhD Admission 2023 Please refer to the IIT Hyderabad PhD brochure given for more detailed eligibility department wise as well as for fee details.
IIT PhD Admission 2021 Please refer to IITs brochure given for more detail eligibility department-wise as well as for fee details.
Do follow InI for more updates on Ph.D. upcoming semester we will update you with all updated information and changes as well as important dates of all semester admission.
Do follow us on Facebook, Instagram and keep visiting our InI make a bookmark.
Wish you all Good Luck