GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2023: GAIL (India) Limited recruits fresh Engineering Graduates for Executive Positions in Chemical Engineering / Instrumentation Engineering Disciplines through GATE 2023.
GAIL (India) Limited, a Maharatna PSU and India’s flagship Natural Gas company is integrating all aspects of the Natural Gas value chain (including Exploration & Production, Processing, Transmission, Distribution, and Marketing) and its related services. GAIL is also expanding its business overseas to become a formidable player in the International Market.
GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Application Date
|Commencement of Online Submission of Application to GAIL||To be announced|
|Last date for Online submission of Application to GAIL||To be announced|
GAIL will be utilizing the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – 2023 Marks (GATE-2023 Marks) for the recruitment of Executive Trainees in the disciplines of Instrumentation/Mechanical/Electrical during the year 2023.
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of Executive Trainees in GAIL will be required to first register for GATE-2023 and thereafter, appear in GATE-2023 as per instructions and timelines notified by GATE-2023 Organizing Institute in one of the following relevant GATE Examination Papers:
|Post/ Discipline||GATE Paper||Code|
|Executive Trainee (Instrumentation)||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Executive Trainee (Mechanical)||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Executive Trainee (Electrical)||Electrical Engineering||EE|
A list of disciplines/branches considered equivalent to each of the above 03 disciplines advertised is given below
|GAIL Discipline||Disciplines/ Branches of Engineering to be considered equivalent against GAIL Discipline||Corresponding GATE-2023 Paper|
to be appeared by the candidate
2. Instrumentation & Control
3. Electronics & Instrumentation
4. Electrical & Instrumentation
6. Electrical & Electronics
3. Production & Industrial
5. Mechanical & Automobile
2. Electrical Electronics
GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Eligibility Criteria
|Post/Discipline||Minimum Essential Qualification Required|
|Executive Trainee (Instrumentation)||Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Control/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electrical & Instrumentation / Electronics / Electrical & Electronics with minimum 65% marks.|
|Executive Trainee (Mechanical)||Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Technology in Mechanical/ Production/ Production & Industrial/ Manufacturing/ Mechanical & Automobile with minimum 65% marks.|
|Executive Trainee (Electrical)||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics with a minimum of 65% marks.|
- Only full-time Regular courses will be considered.
- All qualifications must be from UGC recognized Indian University / UGC recognized Indian Deemed University or AICTE approved courses from Autonomous Indian Institutions
- Engineering Degree can be B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. Engg
- Candidates having 05 years B.E / B. Tech. + M.E / M. Tech. integrated dual degree in engineering in a relevant discipline shall also be considered. In the year 2020 / candidates who are currently in the final year (2020-21) of their Engineering Degree course
- Candidates who have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology in a relevant discipline/ branch in the year 2020 or earlier are not eligible to apply for the post of Executive Trainee in the discipline of Chemical & Instrumentation.
- Selection of candidates who are currently in the final year (2020-21) of their Engineering Degree course (including 05 years BE/ B.Tech + ME/ M Tech integrated dual degree in Engineering course) will be further subject to obtaining a minimum of 65% marks in case of General/EWS/OBC (NCL) category candidates and minimum 60% marks in case of SC/ ST/ PWBD category
GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2023 Upper Age Limit
- The upper Age Limit is 26 years as on 16.03.2023 for the posts of Executive Trainee in all disciplines.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 05 years for SC/ST category candidates and 03 years for OBC(NCL) category candidates. It is relaxable by 10 years for PwBD candidates belonging to the General/EWS category, 13 years for PwBD candidates belonging to OBC(NCL) category, and 15 years for PwBD candidates belonging to SC/ST category. The above relaxation in the upper age limit is applicable only in respect of posts that are reserved for SC/ST/OBC(NCL) candidates. SC/ST/OBC(NCL) candidates applying against unreserved (UR) posts shall be considered under the general standard of merit and no relaxation in upper age limit shall be available to them. Relaxation in upper age limit shall be applicable for PwBDs irrespective of the fact whether the post is reserved or not, provided the post is identified as suitable for PwBDs.
- The upper age limit is also relaxable by 05 years for candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989.
- In the case of Ex-servicemen who have put in not less than six months of continuous service in the Armed Forces of the Union, they shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service (actual service rendered in the Armed Forces) from their actual age, and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for the posts/ services for which a candidate seeks appointment by more than 3 years, he/she be deemed to satisfy the conditions regarding the age limit.
- Maximum upper age of the applicant shall not exceed 56 years including all possible age relaxations.
GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2023 Relaxation In Minimum Percentage Of Marks In Educational Qualifications
Relaxation in minimum percentage of marks in essential qualifications will be provided in respect of SC, ST, and PwBD category candidates as per the following.
Wherever the minimum percentage of marks has been specified as 65 %, the relaxed minimum percentage of marks in educational qualification in respect of SC, ST, and PwBD category candidates is 60 %
GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2023: Compensation package
- Selected candidates will be offered pay and allowances of the grade applicable to them.
- Pay and Allowances: Basic Pay as applicable in the grade
- Variable Pay: Performance Related Pay is based on individual and organizational performance.
- Other Benefits: Company Accommodation / Leased Accommodation / HRA, a medical facility, group insurance, etc
- Superannuation Benefits: Besides Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, and Pension, employees who superannuate from GAIL after rendering a minimum of 15 years of service will also be entitled to Post-Retirement Medical Benefits.
GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2023: How to Apply
- Candidates will be required to apply online through GAIL Careers website only, indicating their GATE-2022 Registration Number.
- No other means/ mode of application shall be accepted. The relevant link will be made available from 15th February 2023 to 16th March 2023
- A candidate can apply for one post/discipline only.
- Candidates applying for more than one post/ discipline will not be considered.
- After successful submission of the online application by the candidate, a unique registration number shall be generated by the system, and a message is generated mentioning that the candidate informs that his/ her application has been submitted successfully.
- After applying online, the candidate is required to take a printout of the Application Form generated by the system
- The candidate has to affix his/ her recent passport-size color photograph the same which has been submitted on GATE 2022 and put his/ her signature as per the instructions provided and keep it with him/ her safely.
- Candidates called for Group Discussion and/ or Personal Interview will be required to produce the same application form at the time of Group Discussion and/ or Personal Interview. Candidates should not send the printout of the online application to any of the offices of GAIL (India) Limited.
GAIL Recruitment through GATE 2023: General Information & Instructions
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply
- Request for change of Mailing address/ e-mail ID/ category/ discipline as declared in the online application will not be entertained
- Category (SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/EWS/PWBD) once filled in online the application form will not be changed and no benefit of another category will be admissible later on
- Candidates employed in Central/ State Government Department, Central/ State PSUs, or Semi-Government Organization must produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) at the time of Group Discussions and/ or Personal Interview from their present employer
PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2023 here we are also providing you with a detailed Post and with all proper information with advertisement and company official links.
Download iStudy Mobile App for all GATE Syllabus, Previous Question Papers, and Keys, preparation guide, Exam updates, Gate Virtual calculator, Gate Score calculator, and IITs & NITs cutoffs. It is lightweight, and easy to use, with no images, and has no ads platform to make students’ lives easier.
You can all look into GATE 2023 Preparation Guide to prepare well for better scores in GATE.
To get more updates do subscribe to InI, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Google plus. Don’t forget to bookmark this page and visit again for updates.
Wish you all good luck ahead!!