Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2023: Power Grid Corporation of India Limited opens recruitment through GATE 2023 for fresh Engineering Graduates for Executive Positions in Electrical / Electronics / Civil Disciplines.
The online application process will be available from 2023, and the last date to submit an application is 2023
POWERGRID is the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India. It is likely one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Navratna Enterprise of the Government of India.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2023
POWERGRID, a Maharatna Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India and one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World, is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete Inter-State Transmission System. POWERGRID operates around 1,72,876 circuit kms of transmission lines along with 267 Sub stations (as on 31st August-2022) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID also owns and operates approximately 75,636 kms of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 458 locations, points of Interconnections in 780 locations and intra-city network in 256 cities across India.
POWERGRID, with its strong in-house expertise in various facets of Transmission, SubTransmission, Distribution and Telecom sectors also offers consultancy services at National and International level. POWERGRID has been making profit since inception, having Gross turnover of Rs. 42,697.90 Crores and Profit After Tax of Rs. 16,824.07 Crores (FY: 2021-22)
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2023: Application Date
|Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID||16-1-2023|
|Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID||18-2-2023|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2023: Eligibility Criteria
1. Valid Score in the GATE 2023
The candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2023 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks as declared by GATE 2023 Organizing Body shall be considered
|Post||Corresponding GATE 2023 Paper|
|Engineer Trainee (Electrical)||EE|
|Engineer Trainee (Electronics)||EC|
|Engineer Trainee (Civil)||CE|
|Engineer Trainee (Computer Science)||CS|
2. Upper Age Limit:
28 years as of 31.12.2022
3. Essential Qualification
|Full Time B.E./|
& Telecommunication /
Electronics & Electrical
Final Year students or semester students who expect their final results by 14th Aug 2023 are also eligible to apply, provided they have obtained 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to the prefinal examination. In case of selection, their candidature shall be subject to their securing a minimum of 70% marks in essential qualifications. Such candidates need to mention their marks up to the pre-final examination while filling up the online application form for POWERGRID
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2023: Reservation
Reservation shall be provided to OBC(NCL)/EWS/SC/ST/PwD candidates depending on the number of vacancies and as per the Govt. of India Directives.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2023: Relaxation & Concessions
- Reservation/ Relaxation/ Concession to candidates belonging to reserved categories shall be as per
Government of India directives.
- Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall only be eligible for the benefit
- Relaxation in Marks in essential qualification: Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to
pass marks for posts reserved for the respective category
a) For OBC(NCL) candidates : 3 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
b) For SC/ST candidates: 5 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
c) For PwD candidates: 10 years over and above category relaxation
d) Ex-Servicemen/ J&K Domicile/ Victims of riots: As per Govt. of India directives
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2023: Selection Process
- The Selection Process is based on marks: EC/EE/CE GATE 2023 paper shall only be eligible and considered for the next stage of selection
- Group Discussion: Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion
- Personal Interview: Candidates must qualify for the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment. The qualifying in an interview for different categories are as mentioned below
|Category||Qualifying % in Interview|
|Unreserved / EWS||40%|
|OBC (NCL) / SC/ ST/ PwD||30% (Depending on the reservation of vacancies only)|
Weightage of Different Parameters
|GATE 2023 Marks (out of 100) in EE Paper||85%|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2023: Service Agreement Bond
The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least three years. The amount of the bond is given below.
|General/ OBC (NCL)/EWS||INR 5,00,000/-|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2023: Compensation package
Corporation offers a very attractive pay package and is one of the best in the Industry. Selected candidates will be placed on the pay scale of Rs. 40,000 – 1,40,000/- during the one-year training period.
On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Assistant Managers on the same scale. On regularization, the Compensation package includes Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, PF, Gratuity, Pension & Leave encashment, Group Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, etc. The Corporation also offers excellent facilities like Short and Long term Loans & Advances including House Building Advances, Medical facilities for self and dependents, etc. to its regular employees in accordance with the policies of the organization from time to time.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2023: Registration
- Applicants have to register themselves and appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2023.
- A separate notification with details regarding the number of vacancies, reservations, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview, etc. shall be hosted on the website, from January 2023
- The application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 2023 (Tentative) Candidates have to register themselves online at the POWERGRID website with details of their GATE 2022 Application No, GATE 2023 Registration Number, and other required
information, which will be made available at PGCIL CAREER
- SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. The applicant is required to login into your login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of
Rs. 500/- through online mode only. On submission of application fees, your application process will be treated as complete.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2023 Admit card and GATE 2023 Scorecard for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2023: General Information & Instructions
- Only Indian Nationals of age 18 years or above are eligible to apply for POWERGRID.
- The date of issuance of the final mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring the qualification
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree shall be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to the percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates working in Govt. organizations / PSU are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” at the time of the Interview
PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2023 here we are also providing you with a detailed Post and with all proper information with advertisement and company official links.
Download iStudy Mobile App for all GATE Syllabus, Previous Question Papers and Keys, preparation guide, Exam updates, Gate Virtual calculator, Gate Score calculator, and IITs & NITs cutoffs. It is a lightweight, easy to use, no images, and no ads platform to make students’ lives easier.
You can all look into GATE 2022 Preparation Guide which helps you in various areas.
To get more updates do subscribe to InI, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Google plus. Don’t forget to bookmark this page and visit again for updates.
Wish you all good luck ahead!!