Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2022: Power Grid Corporation of India Limited opens recruitment through GATE 2022 for fresh Engineering Graduates for Executive Positions in Electrical / Electronics / Civil Disciplines.
The online application process will be available from 2022, and the last date to submit an application is 2022
POWERGRID is the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India. It is likely one of the largest Transmission Utilities within the World and a Navratna Enterprise of the Government of India.
POWERGRID operates around 164,115 circuit km. of transmission lines along with 248 Sub-stations (as of 30.07.2020) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID also owns and operates approximately 66,922 km of Telecom Network, with points of presence in approx. 714 locations and intra-city network in 206 cities across India.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2022: Application Date
|Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID||To be notified|
|Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID||To be notified|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2022: Eligibility Criteria
1. Valid Score in the GATE 2022
The candidate should have appeared in the GATE 2022 as shown below in the table
|Post||Corresponding GATE 2022 Paper|
2. Upper Age Limit: 28 years as on 31.12.2021
3. Essential Qualification
|Course||Discipline Electrical||Discipline Electronics||Discipline Civil||Percentage of Marks|
|Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute||Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical)||Electronics / Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication / Electronics & Electrical Communication / Telecommunication Engg..||Civil Engineering||Minimum 70% or Equivalent CGPA *|
Final Year students or semester students who expect their final results by 14th Aug 2021 are also eligible to apply, provided they have obtained 70% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to the prefinal examination. In case of selection, their candidature shall be subject to their securing a minimum of 70% marks in essential qualification. Such candidates need to mention their marks up to the pre-final examination while filling up the online application form for POWERGRID
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2022: Reservation
Reservation shall be provided to OBC(NCL)/EWS/SC/ST/PwD candidates depending on the number of vacancies and as per Govt. of India Directives.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2022: Selection Process
- The Selection Process is based on marks: EC/EE/CE GATE 2022 paper shall only be eligible and considered for the next stage of selection
- Group Discussion: Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion
- Personal Interview: Candidates must qualify in the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment. The qualifying in an interview for different categories are as mentioned below
|Category||Qualifying % in Interview|
|Unreserved / EWS||40%|
|OBC (NCL) / SC/ ST/ PwD||30%|
Weightage of Different Parameters
|GATE 2021 Marks (out of 100) in EE Paper||85%|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2022: Service Agreement Bond
The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least three years. The amount of the bond is given below.
|General/ OBC (NCL)/EWS||INR 5,00,000/-|
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2022: Compensation package
Corporation offers a very attractive pay package and is one of the best in the Industry. Selected candidates will be placed on the pay scale of Rs. 60,000 – 1,80,000/- during the one-year training period.
On successful completion of training, the candidates will be absorbed as Assistant Managers on the same scale. On regularization, the Compensation package includes Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, Perquisites and Allowance as per cafeteria approach, Performance Related Pay, Company Leased Accommodation / Company Quarters or HRA, Reimbursement of monthly conveyance expenditure, mobile facility, PF, Gratuity, Pension & Leave encashment, Group Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, etc. The Corporation also offers excellent facilities like Short and Long term Loans & Advances including House Building Advance, Medical facilities for self and dependents, etc. to its regular employees in accordance with the policies of the organization from time to time.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2022: Registration
- Applicants have to register themselves and appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2022.
- A separate notification with details regarding the number of vacancies, reservations, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview, etc. shall be hosted on the website, from January 2022
- The application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 2022 (Tentative) Candidates have to register themselves online at the POWERGRID website with details of their GATE 2022 Application No, GATE 2022 Registration Number, and other required
information, which will be made available at PGCIL CAREER
- SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. The applicant is required to login into your login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of
Rs. 500/- through online mode only. On submission of application fees, your application process will be treated as complete.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2022 Admit card and GATE 2022 Scorecard for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in POWERGRID.
Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2022: General Information & Instructions
- Only Indian Nationals of age 18 years or above are eligible to apply for POWERGRID.
- Date of issuance of final mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring qualification
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree shall be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates working in Govt. organizations / PSU are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” at the time of the Interview
PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2022 here we are also providing you with a detailed Post and with all proper information with advertisement and company official links.
Download iStudy Mobile App for all GATE Syllabus, Previous Question Papers and Keys, preparation guide, Exam updates, Gate Virtual calculator, Gate Score calculator, and IITs & NITs cutoffs. It is a lightweight, easy to use, no images, and no ads platform to make students’ lives easier.
You can all look into GATE 2022 Preparation Guide which help you in various areas.
To get more updates do subscribe to InI, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Google plus. Don’t forget to bookmark this page and visit again for updates.
Wish you all good luck ahead!!