1. Anirban

i m bored of studying Electromagnetism……….i m studyng only this subjects since last 3 weeks……….i have only completed electrostatics and just entered magnetic theory……….but it seems that i am forgetting every thng………most worst part is the waves part i.e. the guided waves and pointing vector stuffs……….i have started my preparation for gate with electromagnetism unit………..but it seems dt if i continue studying this unit only dn i wl go mad and the pace of preperation will be very slow………so what do u say????should i keep aside electromagnetism for few days and go on with interesting ones like analog,digital,networks,maths,etc????i am currently studying in 5th sem ece……….please reply

1. Ricktam

SIR,
        I have given GATE in EC and I am pursuing my B.Tech in Information Technology from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
        Am I eligible for admission in M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Branches in IITs???

1. Sagar

sir,
        please tell me whethere there is screen test of PCM in GATE 2014.
        plz rply as early as possible.

1. Aman

Sir, I am a student of B.Tech Mechatronics. I am very clear about the things i want to do in my future. I want to get into pump manufacturing. In a nutshell, i want to know ALL ABOUT PUMPS(right from material selection to finished product). Which M.Tech or M.E. course would be best suitable for me. I have heard that M.Tech Turbomachinery would be fine. But i am not able to find colleges that offer M.Tech Turbomachinery. I wud like to get the list of the best of colleges that offer M.Tech/M.E. in Turbomachinery.

1. @Ricktam: I guess there is no problem for it. Except that you have to prepare your answers for any question that pops up regarding such a decision.

1. Abhilash

@Anirban
        If you are appearing for EE paper,I ll suggest you to leave ElectroMagnetic Theory becoz from GATE pov its not so important .Better consider other subjects like NT,CSE etc.
        Leave Microprocessor also 🙂

1. Yogesh

Hello sir…………

Sir i m getting a rank in between 4000-5000 in ece branch for gate 2013 for OBC category….

so please can u let me know that with this ranking i have any chances of getting any nit colleges..sir please let me know as it is a very important in my life….

so pls let me know so that i can plan further

Thanks in advance

1. Priyanka

sir i need ur suggestion..actually m a b.tech(CSE) final yr student from west bengal. I want to do m.tech but this yr m unable to get a good score in gate..so i want to prepare for gate 2014..but m very confused about hw to prepare for it.. i hv heard abt ACE academy, Hyderabad and MADE EASY Delhi both r very famous for their gate classes…should i take some coaching classes or should i prepare for it at home itself?? sir plz suggest me…

1. Abhilash

@Yogesh
        with 4000-5000 it is very tough near to no for NITs..sometimes luck fevers and student get the seats on 3 4 rounds.So you can wait upto 3 4 round which is unpredictble or you can go to state university with this rank.

all the best

1. Abhilash

@Priyanka

Homestudy is always the best but you have to keep patience and dedication towards it and if you are going to some institute than you ll get a good enviornment for preparation which will keep you motivated towards the goal.

1. Lekaha

Chemical engineering
        score : 328
        percentile : 90.44
        AIR : 1417
        category: OBC
        Are there chances of mine getting into IIT’s & NIT’s?

1. Rajneesh

sir i have marked gen as my status as i was out of station but when i came to home came to know that i have a obc certificate sr please hepl me out and tell me wether they’ll consider it or not or what shud i do make my status as OBC please sr reply soon

1. Rajneesh

sir i have by mistake marked my category as gen in application form and received gen rank so sr can u change my category sir please let me know
        and sr i can change then what is the procedure to do so sr please help me out

1. Aditya

@anirban

hi this is aditya, yep electromagnetism is little bit tricky subject. with my experience i am telling u this. first develop interest in the subject. this is very imp subject irrespective u r preparing for gate or not. if u go for any interview u have to face questions from electromagnetism and communication subjects only. i suggest u first understand the co-ordinate system mainly other wise u cant remember any thing. visualization is very important.
        go for sadiku for theory and problems(examples) u will get better idea

1. Prashant

please reply to my query…!! what is this opening and closing rank ?? i have seen in may nits website..!! when the seat in nit is announced as vacant ?? agar unke cut off ke anusar koi eligible nai hua aur fir baad me ussi seat ke liye kisi low scoring gate candidate ne apply kiya to kya wo seat usse milegi ??

1. Balu

gate 2013

my marks: 36.00 / 100
        All India Rank (AIR): 2688
        score: 515
        category: bc
        percentile: 98.8
        are there any chances of gettings iits???
        or
        any nits???

please tell me some good colleges any possibility in this IIT?

1. Bhaskar

sir kindly guide me for mtech admission .Igot 705 AIR and 37.33 marks in GATE 2013 in INSTRUMENTATION engineering can I get admission in a good college

1. Sundara

Hi in my case I have already took coaching for last year but i dint do well as I expected & scored 440 with AIR of 5142 in EE in 2013. For 2014, is it advisable to take coaching one more time (since fear of pattern change and syllabus extension) or home preparation is enough?

1. Minato

Gate 2013
        Marks: 50.33/100
        score:547
        category:General
        group:EC
        What are my chances of getting into NITs or IITs or HCU

1. Manjul

Hello Everyone,
        I appeared in GATE 2013 in the department of Civil Engineering.
        Got 36.67 / 100 marks only
        All India Rank : 3746 (GENERAL Category)
        GATE SCORE : 381 out of 1000 this year (2013)
        GATE SCORE : 468 out of 1000 will be next year (2014)
        What are the best expected colleges on such a score ???
        Thanks in advance.

1. Paspulati

@anirban

every engineer student have difficulty in the EMT because subject and concept all are imagination .if you imagine things you will enjoy the subject and you can understand what your are missing.my suggestion for you ” YOUTUBE ” and ” NPTEL ” and then study sadik .grab the subject with your full efforts. if you study subject you will differ from gate as well as in interviews .hope you will get it . study hard

1. Sadiq Beg

Hi sir currently i am working in Software industry and i want to appear for GATE2014 but i am not getting the time to study beacause my working time is from 9.00AM to 9.00PM.please suggect me something

The forum ‘GATE 2013 Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.