Home › Forums › Mechanical Engineering › Please everyone suggest good books here.
The best thing we need for GATE preparation would be good books. There are so many people among us who are asking for books for specific subjects. If you come across any good literature during your preparation and wanna share the same, it would be a great help to many
There was a survey on Inspire n Ignite about good books for GATE preparation and the results were consolidated for all brances 🙂
For Mechanical Engineering GATE preparation follow these books
GATE Study Material for Mechanical Engineering
if u don’t have some books as mentioned in “inspirenignite – link” then u can try these ones (some of the books are same)
1. Engg. Thermodynamics – P.K. Nag
2. I.C. Engine – M.L. Mathur, RP Sharma
3. Gas Turbine and Propulsive Systems – P.R. Khajuria & S.P. Dubey
4. Fluid Mechanics – Modi & Seth, R.K Bansal
5. Compressible Flow – S.M. Yahya
6. Heat and Mass Transfer – JP Hollman, R.C. Sachdeva
7. Refrigeration and Air Conditioning – CP Arora, Domkundwar
8. Fluid Machinery – Jagdish Lal , RK Bansal
9. Theory of Machines – RS Khurmi, Malik & Ghosh
10. Mechanical Vibration – Grover
11. Machine Design – Shigley, VB Bhandari
12. Material Science – WD Callister, IP Singh
13. Production Engg. – Kalpkjian Schmid, Amitabh Ghosh & AK Malik
14. Industrial Engg. – O P Khanna, Buffa & Sarin
15. Operations Research – Kanti Swarup
16. Strength of Materials – Timoshenko, B.C. Punamia, Rama Murtha
Mechanical Vibration by Singiresu S. Rao plubliction pearson eduction
Please refer to the site below for the good maths stuff on Calculus and Differential Equations. Download Cheat sheets. Hopefully they would be helpful in remembering important conversions, forumulae and tables.
@chetan…compressible flow by s m yahya!!???..thats not in gate syllabus yaar…!!!
@Ritesh: yes you are right! I actually forgot to delete it from the list… Thanks a lot, next time I will be more careful.
read this post
Download e books from here http://library-genesis.com
mechanical engineering books
`Engineering Mathematics :
1. Erwin Kreyszig
I am looking for architectural engineering book that I can download in reprinted like a personal bind book, badly need for my masteral references. I have this print company http://www.digitekprinting.com/, maybe I will have the prints done with them.
please give me suggestion or any book which is easy to learn mechanics subject. its really hard for me to study for this subject
please guide me !!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.