Home › Forums › Computer Science and Information Technology › COMPLETE GATE GUIDE BY IIT STUDENTS
CHECK THIS BLOG FOR COMPLETE GATE GUIDE
It looks like the site is in initial stage and there is no content. Actually in need a lot time and patience to generate some useful content.
If you come across with something that is at least as mature as 25 article post it. otherwise these links are usually not helpful and die without notice.
Now it is ready 🙂
I have found this site very useful about How to prapare for Competitive Exams .It says lots of truths about it and the Real Roles of Coaching centers ,how they Over hyped some exams etc….go through it ..
GATE 2012 OFFICIAL ANSWER KEY RELEASE
Hi pals, if any body wants to know about Interview questions asked in each IIT during admission through Gate ,then go through this page and check the Blogs written by IIT-PG students about their experiences
Computer organization E BOOK by Zaki-Hamacher
Few Interview experiences http://sudeshnaroy.wordpress.com/
This student got AIR 1 in (part A) JEST exam and AIR 261 in Gate and got IITM-MS if you have any questions ask him here http://sarthakparui.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/gate-a-refreashing-relief-read-that-as-experience/
TIFR Interview – A Mumbai Experience!
The JEST Experience
If anyone think to join IIT-K check this written about it’s regular course work
And the main blog from IIT-K 2008-10 batch student http://www.swagatosblog.blogspot.in/
It Gate aspirants wants to self evaluate their performance then check this site for practice papers with solutions and few Gate papers solutions
Musings of AIR 16 GATE CS
:: GATE GUIDE BY AIR 16 ::
Interview experience by IIT-K student
the most important site for gate preparation http://www.cse.iitk.ac.in/users/dvjrao/study.html
OS by IIT-KGP P K BISWAS
check this Group for all PRACTICE QUESTIONS
To interact and discuss with Gate 2012 toppers, people can check this group
don’t forget to check that files section to know the status of gate toppers
result of 2012 gate http://www.2shared.com/document/PgJril3X/Almost_complete_database_of_ga.html
Guidance from AIR 7 2012
A Blog written by GATE 2013 AIR 23, please read
Foe CS , Interviews of Gate toppers are exist
http://gate0000.wordpress.com check Gate Manual post in this blog.
Here is good advice from vikas garg (AIR-3, 2007 CS) he was
and now phd student of TTIC
Here is a description of what I feel is important for getting an opportunity to study at the premier research institute of the country; students at large may benefit from it:
1) Clear your basics and fundamental concepts. There is no point mugging up each and everything; need to develop the ability to think rationally.
2) Do as much practice as possible. Specifically try to solve as many test papers as you can within the stipulated time, this will instill a sense of confidence in addition to improving speed.
3) Don’t try to run through the paper. 3 hours is a long enough period and time won’t be a constraint should you know the things.
4) Avoid making silly mistakes. It’s imperative that you get right most of the problems from topics that you are comfortable with.
5) Keep solving GATE papers of last 10-15 years. Monitor your progress as you master more topics from different subjects.
6) Believe in yourself and your abilities. If anyone else can do it, you can most certainly as well.
Another important point: Go through some standard textbooks without haphazardly chasing all the study material in this world!! I found the following books useful:
1) Computer architecture: Henessey & patterson, Morris Mano, and William Stallings.
2) Discrete mathematics: Kenneth Rozen, Kolman-Busby-Ross.
3) Finite state automata/theory of computation: Michael Sipser, Peter Linz, and Hopcroft-Motwani-Ulmann.
4) Compilers: Aho-Hopcroft-Ulmann (The Dragon book).
5) Data Structures/Algorithms: Mark Allen Weiss (excellent), Tanenbaum, Cormen et. al (an absolute must), Kruse-Tondo-Leung, Sedgewick, Brassard. Horowitz-Sahani etc. for specific topics only.
6) Operating Systems: Galvin-Silberschatz (standard book).
7) Computer networks: Behrouz forouzan, Kurose.
8) Mathematics: No specific book—> book for discrete mathematics covers most portion of maths also.
9) DBMS: Korth-Sudarshan, Elmasri- Navathe.
some Practice papers
Engineering Mathematics :
1. Erwin Kreyszig
To Download Quality Computer Science books
here –> http://www.mediafire.com/folder/gp6z7khjzyl8d/gate_materials
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.