1. Ankush Yadav

Hey, i need a suggestion. Actually, i am a bit confused and am in need of a proper guidance. Presently, I am a 2012 pass out mechanical engineer and am working in a garment manufacturing company as a Industrial Engineer. I don’t see myself going in a right direction with this job. Not to mention that i am not satisfied with the job too. It has been 10 months since i started to work here but still after such long time I do not see the correct future for myself here.
        So, I am planning to resign from this job and prepare for the GATE2014.
        This is where the confusion starts, I am not very sure to get forward with it or not. If I go for GATE then i have only 5 months max available with me to prepare for it. Will that be enough? Since, I have a constant fear, What if i quit my job and couldn’t perform well in GATE. One more year will be wasted and after Feb-March i will again be in the same situation with no job and one more long year ahead. So please give me some suggestions. At this moment, I know that I want to prepare hard for that exam and will do that too but as you know the fear cant be overcome so easily. Can i do well if i study hard? Can the job quitting decision serve me well? Will I continue to have this strong determination for the next 5 months or will i falter?
        These are the questions which keep confusing me. Need suggestions.

1. nikhil banta

if u seriously want to crack gate with good rank, then you have to work hard….as you are in mechanical..so try to devoted time in imp. Subject like som, manf.,h.t, thermo…
        Just believe in you…dont loose confidence…you can do it..
        Dream of iit

1. See its Already nov 1st week so u are left with very short time for preparing for GATE 2014. As u stated u belong from mechanical branch …so focus on the core subjects that u feel u shud start with. Dont start a subject without reading the basic subjects what i meant to e.g: say 1st go thorough Engineering Mechanics & Strength of materials before jumping onto Machine Design(Design Of machine Elements)

Now coming to completion of syllabus its quite tedious task to study almost 4 yrs Eng studies in 3 months . So my suggestion would go thorough core subjects 1st then advanced subjects.Clear your basics. If you feel that u can study own yourself  without help of any professional coaching then its well and good.

If  you cant then u shud take gateforum egate classes which is basically a crash course.if u wish u can join that.

Rest always remember hard work never goes in vain and god also sees that whether u r actually working hard for the same or not.

All the best for your preparations!!!

1. Been there.. seen that..! I was in similar situation. Believed in myself and left my job a month back. All this actually depends on how desperate you are to crack GATE.

“ONE CAN SURELY BE A SUCCESS IF HE/SHE HAS HEALTHY RESPECT AND FEAR TOWARDS HIS GOAL”

– mech student

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.