Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL), is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), set up by the Government of India for the Establishment, Management and Operation of BharatNet (National Optical Fiber Network (NOFN)). BBNL has been incorporated as a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU)/ Company under Companies Act (1956) under the administrative control of Department of Telecommunications, Government of India (Ministry of Communications). It is an ambitious project of Government of India for the setting up of BharatNet (National Optical Fiber Network (NOFN)) to provide connectivity to all the 2,50,000 Gram Panchayats (GPs) in the country. This is to be achieved by utilizing the existing optical fiber and laying incremental cable of about 5 Lakh KM to all the Gram Panchayats.
Download iStudy App for GATE Score Calculator, Virtual Calculator, Previous Years GATE Papers & Keys, IITs and NIT GATE Cutoffs
BBNL is currently looking for for young engineers who wish to pursue a long-term career in the company predominantly in roles such as Project Planning, Operations, Project Monitoring, Engineering roles in OFC laying, Broadband Network and Transmission Network. Details are as follows.
Eligible Engineering Disciplines:
Electronics & Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology / Electrical / Electrical & Electronics.
Full Time B.E. / B. Tech./ B. Sc. (Engg.) from recognized University / Institute.
Final Year / Semester students of above who expect their results by 27.08.2017 are also eligible.
Min. 21 years and Max. 27 years as on 15.01.2017
Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of INR 16,400 – 3% – 40,500/- as Executive Trainee and shall be on probation for a period of 12 months from the date of appointment.
Marks (out of 100) in the EC/CS/EE paper of GATE 2017 75% Personal Interview 25%
Important Instruction for Registration / Application
1. Candidates have to register themselves and appear for GATE 2017 in Electronics & Communication (Code-EC)/ Computer Science & Information Technology (Code-CS) / Electrical Engineering (Code EE).
2. Online Registration for GATE 2017 has commenced on 1st September 2016.
3. For details on GATE 2017, please visit http://www.gate.iitr.ernet.in
4. A separate notification with details and important instructions regarding submission of BBNL online application, date of interview etc. shall be hosted on our website, from 12th January 2017.
5. Application window for BBNL shall be open from 15th January 2017 to 27th February 2017. Candidates have to register themselves online at BBNL website with details of their GATE 2017 Application No., GATE 2017 Registration Number and other required information, which will be made available under Careers page of BBNL website www.bbnl.nic.in
6. Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2017 Admit card and Original GATE 2017 Score card for verification at the time of Interview / Joining in BBNL.
7. Personal Interview are likely to be conducted in the months of May – June 2016.
GATE-2017 Commencement of Online submission of GATE Application. 1st September 2016
Last date of online submission of GATE Application 4th October, 2016
BBNL Commencement of Online Submission of Application to BBNL 15th January, 2017
Last date for online submission of Application to BBNL 27th February 2017
Official web site: BBNL Recruitment through GATE 2017 official details
For other PSU notifications that are recruiting based on GATE 2017 scores do visit PSUs Offering Recruitment through GATE 2017. This is a part of GATE 2017 preparation guide. We would also make videos for different PSUs online application forms. Don’t forget subscribe and like inspire n ignite on facebook to get updates right on your facebook.
Wish you all a great luck ahead