1. Sachin

Sir, this time i got AIR-394 with gate scores 689 (old formula) and 810 (new formula). i am doubtful that which of these two are used.. also i am worried that if gate cut-off for mtech admission are 700 i might not stand a chance even with a good (decent) rank (if old formula is used).. please give a useful information about!!!.

1. Branch: EC
        Category: General
        Gate AIR : 775
        Gate score for 2013-2014 :652
        Gate score for 2014-2015 :768
        Any chances of IITs and NITs ? Chances of PSUs?
        I have work experience of one year in a VLSI
        does it count somewhere ?
        Note:My preference is to do Mtech in VLSI however if am getting any other good stream in IITs I am willing to opt that.

1. Abhilash

@Sachin
        I am sure you will get a fair chance to IITs.The margin of 700 will be reduced by 50-60 due to involvement of 15 PSUs.So I hope you ll get a call from IITs of main stream.All the best and be prepare for Interview.
        Two type of score has been provided to 2012 one will be used for comparing with only 2012 student and I think it has lesser significance than 2013 new score.

1. Abhilash

@Sharanprasad
        As far as IITs and NITs are concern you are in safezone (till the interview atleast) and regarding PSUs you may opt for DVC if they are allowing EC but for strong PSUs ,you have to depend upon your luck .
        and about VLSI ,during application you can put VLSI as first preference as you have expereince in this field they ll ask you more question related to finale year project and VLSI ..
        All the best.

1. Sachin

@Abhilash

Thank you for an useful information.. i know i wont get iit bombay & madras or iisc but i’ll try if by chance i get a call.. i really appreciate your information.

1. Abhilash

@Sachin
        Who says you cant ? Just keep hope till the last minute of admission.yes IISc will be tough in the way but you ll defintely get a call from Madras.Mark my words.
        actually what was your gate paper ?

1. Sachin

My gate paper was EC. but i am worried with my gate score which was computed using old formula which i mentioned (689)..let me see what i can get.

1. Abhilash

@Sachin.
        Dear,dont worry.as per EC I am not 100% sure but I can tell you this thing is that you have a bright and good career ahead with this gate score.

Lets hope and pray that you ll get what you wish for,amen.

1. Sachin

ya thanx man .. i wil try my best at the interviews… and u posted about cut-off lists i have sent a mail to you if you can find time just mail cut-off lists..thanx again.

1. Rajan

hie
        branch :ece
        category : obc
        air : 3131
        mei konsa colledge deserve karta hu ?
        as per the rank concern
        🙁

1. Rajan

m tech in signal and processing !

1. Hari

Hi…
        My Gate results are as Follows…
        AIR : 220
        GATE SCORE : 711 (old), 817 (new)
        Branch : EEE
        Sir I would like to know my chances of getting into IISc, IITB, IITM or IITD… need guidance on which courses are best(for giving preferences) and which IITs are best for them… Thanks a lot in advance.. Totally confused! please help 🙂

1. @abhilash : Thanks for the Info 🙂

1. Siddhartha

my scores : 673 and 791 for this yr and next yr.. does this mean i have better chance of getting through in the interviews next year ?? I can wait for another year, as i am already working. Is thr any advantage in waiting ?

1. Somdyuti

@ Sachin: Even I have the same rank and same Gate score in EC this year. Yes, unfortunately we have 2 use the lower Gate score this year 2 aply to all the IITs, and we will be beaten by 2012 rankers who were behind us rankwise, but scorewise ahead of us!!! God knows why we had 2 suffer this tym. Would u prefer interdisciplinary and less preferred branches in IITs or best branches in NIT Trichy/Warrangal at this rank? Plz let me know.

1. Muzammil

HELLO every one..,can anybody tell about the number of seats in IISC microelectronics branch,for electronics and comm BRANCH,,,,,,i do get a call letter FOR ME (TELECOMM) my second preference,but hoping for upgradation to microlelectronics (1st preference),,,,,MY gate score is 764,and RANK is 105(ECE)

1. Zahid

Please make new questions, answering different questions in same thread makes it hard.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.