1. Siddharth

I am a BE(mech) from Pune University 2010 batch. Did my Mtech in CAD/CAM from VNIT, Nagpur 2012. At the time of passing out from mtech was not sure about Phd and wanted to work. So I took the job in an EPC company for which got selected from campus. Now it turns out that my specialization in CAD/CAM is being put to zero use here. Don’t find any sort of research or innovation happening. But I have to complete 2 yrs bond with them ending July 2014.

Now I wish to go for Phd as I think it will allow me to know about lot of new things happening in the Field I liked i.e. machine design and FEA. I am also interested in going outside India or IISC or IIT’s but nothing below that. Don’t want to compromise now as I did in my masters.

Can you suggest me how should I go about now. How to search for Phd topic or is it you just join for phd and then search topic or should i search for college (India or outside) as per area of Phd. I have one published paper in an international journal during M.tech. Will it help or is it less incase I wish to apply outside. Will GRE preparation be required ?

1. Anuja

i have completed my hons in mathematics from DU and masters from university of lucknow. for some reason i have not been able to clear any of the entrance examination be it NET or gate or the university exam. i do not understand whats wrong. was maths the wrong choice from the start or if it was what should i do next as i really want to get into teaching field and become a lecturer

1. hi,i am an M.sc biotechnology student looking forward for PhD from iit colleges.. preparing for 2014 gate….want to know how should i prepare to get admission in PhD ?
        Thank you

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.