1. Chinmay

Is the myth “PhD overqualified for industrial jobs” and “PhD a hindrance in industries” true? or it depends on employers thinking ?

I am a Graduate Chemical Engineer(from Pune University). I have interest in “Process Design & Development” and “Modelling and Simulation”. I am looking for direct PhD programme in one of the CSIR-labs( as my areas of interest are matching with those of CSIR research areas I am not opting for any other institute for Mtech/PhD). I have interest in industrial research but not in academics.

The above question is making me confused whether to opt PhD or not( As if i dont get job after PhD in industry I might end up as a professor) … need your guidance Zahid( As u are a PhD and working in industry u might understand my problem)

1. Chinmay

Hey Zahid,

I am a Graduate Chemical Engineer(from Pune University).My name has been shortlisted for an interview at NCL(CSIR) for Direct PhD Programme in Engineering. I need some tips for interview. I also have few questions:
        Apart from technical questions what all can be asked?
        can they ask regarding current research projects going on in the Lab?? .. or how the candidate developed an interest in research and why he particularly selected a specific lab for PhD, etc. Plz also answer my above question(Is the myth “PhD overqualified for industrial jobs” and “PhD a hindrance in industries” true? or it depends on employers thinking ?).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.