1. I’m currently in my final year of B.Tech in Electrical Engineering from Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata and I want to pursue my Masters in Renewable Energy after my graduation. My academic GPA is moderate with no significant research experience, so I was unable to apply for MS in foreign universities. There are only a few institutes supporting this course in India at the moment, of which the notable ones are IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, UPES Dehra Dun and TERI University, Delhi. I gave GATE 2016 with moderate preparation and it didn’t go well for me, so I’m confident of not getting any calls from the two IITs mentioned above this year. I gave the entrance test for UPES Dehra Dun, in which I got selected and I’m yet to give the entrance test for TERI University. I want to know whether I should try for GATE 2017 again and try to get into the IITs or should I settle for one of the other two private universities mentioned (their exorbitant fees is a concern for me)? Will it be worth taking up the Renewable Energy M.Tech programs from these private universities? I would be very obliged if you can show me some light in this regard and help me out in choosing the appropriate option. Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.