1. i got AIR 594 with a GATE 2013 score of 575 in civil engineering. and i belong to general category can i get admission to any IIT offering M.Tech Aerospace.

1. Darshak

Surendra :
        u can try at all the four iits. The score required for civil guy to get into iit was around 640 in 2011.

1. Darshak

Hello every1. My AIR in GATE 2013 AE paper is 178 with a score of 416. Can i get into any iit?

1. Emil

will anyone have any idea about the (mechanical)cutoff for aerospace in diff iits.??? please reply….

1. Darshak

Emil:

For Aerospace department IITB – aerodynamics around 700
        propulsion around 650
        structures around 600

1. Darshak

this is for IIT b.

1. Vivek

Sir, I got AIR 598 in Mechanical and Gate Score 647. Which IITs should I apply?

1. Darshak

Vivek:
        u shld try iit b, k ,kgp, m and iisc

1. Emil

@ Darshak
        Thanks for the information. This time my score is 602, so is there any chance for me and Did the iits published the cut off for this year???

1. Darshak

@ Emil:
        IIT b had published the minimum score for the assistance-ship. you can check them on http://www.iitb.ac.in/academic/pgprgm.html
        u will get interview call from all the IIT’s

1. Emil

@ darshak
        thanks dude….

1. Sunil

Dear Zahid, I have been following your link for about 2 years now.Its very informative and useful for all engineering students. My son, who did B.Tech.(AE) from PEC, Chandigarh, has scored 437 marks and AIR 135 in Aeronautical in GATE 13. Please tell me what are chances of his selection in IITs (Bombay, Kanpur, Chennai and Kharagpur). He has also been selected for MBA / PGDM from some of the Management Institues, like BIMTECH etc. BIMTECH is asking for payment of 1st instalment of fees (Rs. 2.795 Lakh) by 3rd April, which may be refunded (after deducting only Rs. 1000/-)upto 20 May. Please advise. By what time final selection in IITs would be known?

1. Sunil

Some correction to my above comments. My son has scored 47 marks out of 100 in Aerospace Engineering (AE) in GATE 2013. His GATE 2013 Score is 437 (validity: 15.03.13 to 14.03.14) and 586 (validity: 15.03.14 to 14.03.15). Of course, his AIR is 135. Please reply to my above quaries. Thanks!! From: Sunil Garg

1. Sunil

Busy???? Kindly spare some time to reply me. One more thing. For IIT, Bombay, one has to submit a ‘Statement of Purpose’, in about 400-500 words. Do we have to praise IITs / IIT, Bombay and say ‘blah, blah’ about doing M.Tech. from IIT, Bombay and then add something about one’s objectives /dreams / mission in life? Pl. advise. From: Sunil Garg

1. Sandhya

Hi
        I am Sandhya from MIT, Chennai.
        my AIR rank was 81 in GATE 2013 and I have already got my offer letter from IISC
        I am interested in studying in Aerospace structures.
        I have applied in IITB also.
        If i get admission in IITB as well then which institue should i choose for structure’s specific studying?
        Also which one of the two have better placement opportunities for aeronautical/aerospace engineers?

1. Darshak

@ sandhya:
        please can u tell me from which branch u have done ur graduation and which gate paper u scored AIR 81?? please share your gate details such as gate marks and gate score.

what do you think about masters in aerospace at MIT chennai?

thanks

1. please can you tell me where to get the admission test question papers of iit kanpur of the aerospace department…i have searched the iit departmental site but nothing is given thjere…if you know please kindly help me..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.