Intelligent Control of Electric Vehicles detailed syllabus for Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the EEE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit EEE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-IV scheme and its subjects refer to EEE Professional Elective-IV syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of intelligent control of electric vehicles is as follows.
MATHEMATICAL MODEL AND CHARACTERISTICS ANALYSIS OF THE 6 BLDC MOTOR Structure and Drive Modes – Basic Structure, General Design Method, Drive Modes. Mathematical Model, Differential Equations, Transfer Functions, State-Space Equations. Characteristics Analysis, Starting Characteristics, Steady-State Operation, Dynamic Characteristics, Load Matching Commutation Transients
FUZZY LOGIC 6 Membership functions: features, fuzzification, methods of membership value assignments Defuzzification: lambda cuts – methods – fuzzy arithmetic and fuzzy measures: fuzzy arithmetic -extension principle – fuzzy measures – measures of fuzziness -fuzzy integrals – fuzzy rule base and approximate reasoning: truth values and tables, fuzzy propositions, formation of rules decomposition of rules, aggregation of fuzzy rules, fuzzy reasoning-fuzzy inference systems, overview of fuzzy expert system-fuzzy decision making..
REAL TIME IMPLEMENTATION 6 Inverter design, identifying rotor position via hall effect sensors, open loop and fuzzy logic control of 48 V BLDC motor using FPGA. .
Upon the successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- To design the mathematical model of a BLDC motor and to discuss about its characteristics
- To demonstrate the PID control, ant windup controller, Intelligent Controller and Vector Control. Control applied to BLDC motor.
- To illustrate the basics of fuzzy logic system
- To describe the basics of VHDL & FPGA applied to control of EVs.
- To design and implement of fuzzy logic control scheme for BLDC motor using FPGA in real time.
- Electric Powertrain Energy Systems, Power Electronics and Drives for Hybrid, Electric and Fuel Cell Vehicles, John G. Hayes, G. Abas Goodarzi, Wiley 1st Edition 2018.
- VHDL Primer, A (3rd Edition), Jayaram Bhasker, Prentice Hall, 1st Edition 2015.
- Iqbal Hussain, Electric and Hybrid Vehicles: Design Fundamentals, Third Edition CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 2021, 1st Edition.
- Chang-liang, Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motor Drives and Controls, Xia Wiley 2012, 1st Edition.
- M.N. Cirstea, A. Dinu, J.G. Khor,M. McCormick, Neural and Fuzzy Logic Control of Drives and Power Systems, Newnes publications, 1st Edition, 2002.
- Wei Liu, Hybrid Electric Vehicle System Modeling and Control, Wiley 2017, 2nd Edition
- Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle Networks Optimization and Control, Emanuele Crisostomi Robert Shorten, Sonja Studli Fabian Wirth, CRC Press, 1st Edition. 2018.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem, visit EEE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electrical & Electronics Engineering results, visit Anna University EEE all semester results direct link.