Grid Integration of Electric Vehicles detailed syllabus for Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the EEE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit EEE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-IV scheme and its subjects refer to EEE Professional Elective-IV syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of grid integration of electric vehicles is as follows.
DEFINITION, And STATUS Of V2G 9 Defining Vehicle to Grid (V2G) – History and Development of V2G. Incorporating V2G to the EV, Auditing and Metering, V2G in Practice , V2G – Power Markets and Applications . Electricity Markets and V2G Suitability , Long-Term Storage, Renewable Energy, and Other Grid Applications , Beyond the Grid: Other Concepts Related to V2G.
CHALLENGES TO V2G 9 Technical Challenges-Battery Degradation, Charger Efficiency, Aggregation and Communication, V2G in a Digital Society. The Economic and Business Challenges to V2G – Evaluating V2G Costs and Revenues , EV Costs and Benefits , Adding V2G Costs and Benefits , Additional V2G Costs , The Evolving Nature of V2G Costs and Benefits. Regulatory and Political Challenges to V2G , V2G and Regulatory Frameworks , Market Design Challenges. Other V2G Regulatory and Legal Challenges.
GRID INTEGRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF EVS 9 Introduction – Machine to Machine (M2M) in distributed energy management systems – M2M communication for EVs – M2M communication architecture (3GPP) – Electric vehicle data logging -Scalability of electric vehicles -M2M communication with scheduling.
Skill Development Activities
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain the concepts related with V2G
- Study the grid connection of 3 phase Q inverter
- Explain the technical, economics. business, regulatory & political challenges related with V2G
- Demonstrate the impact of EV and V2G on smart grid and renewable energy system
- Explain the concept of grid integration and management of EVs.
- Advanced Electric Drive Vehicles, Ali Emadi, CRC Press 2017, 1st Edition.
- Plug In Electric Vehicles in Smart Grids, Charging Strategies, Sumedha Rajakaruna , Farhad Shahnia and Arindam Ghosh,Springer,2015, 1st Edition.
- ICT for Electric Vehicle Integration with the Smart Grid, Nand Kishor 1; Jesus Fraile-Ardanuy, IET 2020, 1st Edition.
- Vehicle-to-Grid: Linking Electric Vehicles to the Smart Grid, Junwei Lu and Jahangir Hossain, IET 2015, 1st Edition.
- Lance Noel Gerardo Zarazua de Rubens Johannes Kester Benjamin K. Sovacool, Vehicle-to-Grid A Sociotechnical Transition Beyond Electric Mobility, 2019, 1st Edition.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem, visit EEE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electrical & Electronics Engineering results, visit Anna University EEE all semester results direct link.