Process Modeling and Simulation detailed syllabus for Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the EEE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit EEE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-V scheme and its subjects refer to EEE Professional Elective-V syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of process modeling and simulation is as follows.
GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF MODELLING 9 Introduction to mathematical modeling; Advantages and limitations of models and applications of process models of stand-alone unit operations and unit processes; Classification of models: Linear vs Nonlinear, Lumped parameter vs. Distributed parameter; Static vs. Dynamic, Continuous vs. Discrete; Numerical Methods: Iterative convergence methods, Numerical integration of ODE- IVP and ODEBVP
INTRODUCTION TO PROCESS MODELLING 9 Concept of degree of freedom analysis: System and its subsystem, System interaction, Degree of freedomin a system e.g. Heat exchanger, Equilibrium still, Reversal of information flow, Design variable selectionalgorithm, Information flow through subsystems, Structural effects of design variable selection, PersistentRecycle.
SIMULATION OF MATHEMATICAL MODELLING 9 Simulation and their approaches, Modular, Sequential, Simultaneous and Equation solving approach, Simulation softwares and their applications, Review of solution techniques and available numerical software libraries.- Case Studies.
Skill Development Activities
- Will be able to understand different methods of developing models for industrial
- processes. Able to build mathematical models by applying relevant mathematics.
- Able to implement mathematical models using relevant software.
- Effectively perform analysis and subsequent conclusion for the developed mathematical models.
- Able to interpret the results obtained from the mathematical model in terms of original real world problem
- Denn M. M.,”Process Modeling”, Longman, 1986, 1st Edition.
- Aris R.,”Mathematical Modeling,A Chemical Engineering Perspective (Process System Engineering)”, Academic Press, 1999, Volume 1.
List of Open Source Software/ Learning Website:
https://archive.nptel.ac.in/courses/103/107/103107096/ https://nptel.ac.in/courses/103101111 https://nptel.ac.in/courses/111107105 https://www.academia.edu/37228967/Process_Modeling_Simulation_and_Control_for_Chemical_Engineers
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem, visit EEE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electrical & Electronics Engineering results, visit Anna University EEE all semester results direct link.