Electric Vehicle Design, Mechanics and Control detailed syllabus for Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the EEE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit EEE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-IV scheme and its subjects refer to EEE Professional Elective-IV syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of electric vehicle design, mechanics and control is as follows.
INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINES 6 IC Engines, BMEP and BSFC, Vehicle Fuel Economy, Emission Control Systems, Treatment of Diesel Exhaust Emissions.
BATTERY MODELING, TYPES AND CHARGING 6 Batteries in Electric and Hybrid Vehicles – Battery Basics -Battery Parameters. Types- Lead Acid Battery – Nickel-Cadmium Battery – Nickel-Metal-Hydride (NiMH) Battery – Li-Ion Battery – Li-Polymer Battery, Zinc-Air Battery, Sodium-Sulphur Battery, Sodium-Metal-Chloride, Research and Development for Advanced Batteries. Battery Modelling, Electric Circuit Models. Battery Pack Management, Battery Charging.
CONTROL OF AC MACHINES 6 Introduction- Reference frame theory, basics-modeling of induction and synchronous machine in various frames-Vector control- Direct torque control.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- To describe the concepts related with EV, HEV and to compare the same with internal combustion engine vehicles
- To find gain margin & phase margin for various types of transfer functions of boost converter
- To demonstrate the Control of A C Machines
- To explain the concepts related with batteries and parameters of battery
- To module the battery and to study the research and development for batteries
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles, Design Fundamentals, Third Edition, Iqbal Husain, CRC Press, 2021.
- Power Electronic Converters,: Dynamics and Control in Conventional and Renewable Energy Applications, Teuvo Suntio, Tuomas Messo, Joonas Puukko, 1st Edition, Wiley – VCH.
- Ali Emadi, Mehrdad Ehsani, John M.Miller, Vehicular Electric Power Systems, Special Indian Edition, Marcel dekker, Inc 2003, 1st Edition.
- C.C. Chan and K.T. Chau, ‘Modern Electric Vehicle Technology’, OXFORD University Press, 2001, 1st Edition.
- Wie Liu, Hybrid Electric Vehicle System Modeling and Control, Second Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2017, 2nd Edition.
- Dynamic Simulation of Electric Machinery using MATLAB, Chee Mun Ong, Prentice Hall,1997, 1st Edition.
- Electrical Machine Fundamentals with Numerical Simulation using MATLAB/ SIMULINK, Atif Iqbal, Shaikh Moinoddin, Bhimireddy Prathap Reddy, Wiley, 2021, 1st Edition.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem, visit EEE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electrical & Electronics Engineering results, visit Anna University EEE all semester results direct link.