Electric Vehicle Architecture detailed syllabus for Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the EEE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit EEE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-IV scheme and its subjects refer to EEE Professional Elective-IV syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of electric vehicle architecture is as follows.
VEHICLE ARCHITECTURE and SIZING 9 Electric Vehicle History, and Evolution of Electric Vehicles. Series, Parallel and Series parallel Architecture, Micro and Mild architectures. Mountain Bike – Motorcycle- Electric Cars and Heavy Duty EVs. -Details and Specifications.
POWER COMPONENTS AND BRAKES 9 Power train Component sizing- Gears, Clutches, Differential, Transmission and Vehicle Brakes. EV power train sizing, HEV Powertrain sizing, Example.
PLUG-IN HYBRID ELECTRIC VEHICLE 9 Introduction-History-Comparison with electrical and hybrid electrical vehicle-Construction and working of PHEV-Block diagram and components-Charging mechanisms-Advantages of PHEVs.
Skill Development Activities
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Summarize the History and Evolution of EVs, Hybrid and Plug-In Hybrid EVs
- Describe the various EV components
- Describe the concepts related in the Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Analyse the details and Specifications for the various EVs developed.
- Describe the hybrid vehicle control strategy.
- Mehrdad Ehsani, YiminGao, Sebastian E. Gay, Ali Emadi, ‘Modern Electric, Hybrid Electric and Fuel Cell Vehicles: Fundamentals, Theory and Design’, CRC Press, 2004.
- Build Your Own Electric Vehicle,Seth Leitman , Bob Brant, McGraw Hill, Third Edition 2013.
- Advanced Electric Drive Vehicles, Ali Emadi, CRC Press, First edition 2017.
- The Electric Vehicle Conversion Handbook: How to Convert Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, and Bicycles — Includes EV Components, Kits, and Project Vehicles Mark Warner, HP Books, 2011.
- Heavy-duty Electric Vehicles from Concept to Reality, Shashank Arora, Alireza Tashakori Abkenar, Shantha Gamini Jayasinghe, Kari Tammi, Elsevier Science, 2021
- Electric Vehicles Modern Technologies and Trends, Nil Patel, Akash Kumar Bhoi, Sanjeevikumar Padmanaban, Jens Bo Holm-Nielsen Springer, 2020
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles: A Review of Existing Configurations and Thermodynamic Cycles, Rogelio Leon , Christian Montaleza , Jose Luis Maldonado , Marcos Tostado-Veliz and Francisco Jurado, Thermo, 2021, 1, 134-150. https://doi.org/10.3390/thermo1020010.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem, visit EEE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electrical & Electronics Engineering results, visit Anna University EEE all semester results direct link.