Design of Motor and Power Converters for Electric Vehicles detailed syllabus for Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the EEE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit EEE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-IV scheme and its subjects refer to EEE Professional Elective-IV syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of design of motor and power converters for electric vehicles is as follows.
ELECTRIC VEHICLE DYNAMICS 6 Standard drive cycles-Dynamics of Electric Vehicles-Tractive force-Maximum speed, torque, power, energy requirements of EVs.
BASICS OF SIMULATION IN CONTROL SYSTEMS 6 Transfer Function-How to build transfer function, identify Poles, zeros, draw time response plots, bode plot (Bode Plots for Multiplication Factors, Constant, Single and Double Integration Functions, Single and Double Differentiation Functions, Single Pole and Single Zero Functions, RHP Pole and RHP Zero Functions), state space modelling-transfer function from state space Model.
POWER STAGE TRANSFER FUNCTIONS OF DC – DC CONVERTERS 6 Power Stage Transfer Functions of buck-boost Converter in CCM Operation, Input-to-Output Transfer Function, Duty Ratio-to-Output Transfer Function, Load Current-to-Output Transfer Function.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- To use appropriate electric machine for electric vehicle application
- To compute transfer function with factors such as constant, integral, differential, first order factor and second order factor (both numerators & denominators)
- To compute transfer function from state models
- To design buck, boost and buck-boost converter.
- To compute a power stage transfer functions for DC-DC converters
- To simulate DC-DC converters and to obtain gain margin and phase margin.
- Power Electronic Converters, Teuvo Suntio, Tuomas Messo, Joonas Puukko, First Edition 2017.
- Fundamentals of Power Electronics with MATLAB, Randall Shaffer, 2nd Edition, 2013, Lakshmi publications
- Feedback Control problems using MATLAB and the Control system tool box, Dean Frederick and Joe Cho, 2000, 1st Edition, Cengage learning.
- Handbook of Automotive Power Electronics and Motor Drives, Ali Emadi, Taylor & Francis, 2005,1st Edition.
- Electrical Machine Fundamentals with Numerical Simulation using MATLAB/SIMULINK, Atif Iqbal, Shaikh Moinoddin, Bhimireddy Prathap Reddy, Wiley,2021, 1st Edition.
- Emerging Power Converters for Renewable Energy and Electric Vehicles Modeling, Design, and Control, Md. Rabiul Islam,Md. Rakibuzzaman Shah, Mohd. Hasan Ali, CRC Press,2021, 1st Edition.
- Iqbal Hussain, Electric and Hybrid Vehicles: Design Fundamentals, Second Edition CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, Third Edition 2021.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem, visit EEE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electrical & Electronics Engineering results, visit Anna University EEE all semester results direct link.