Automotive Electronics detailed syllabus for Instrumentation & Control Engineering (ICE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the ICE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Instrumentation & Control Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit ICE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VI scheme and its subjects refer to ICE Professional Elective-VI syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of automotive electronics is as follows.
INTRODUCTION AND AUTOMOTIVE BATTERIES
Introduction – Overview of vehicle electrical systems- Electrical circuits – Electrical power supply in conventional vehicle- Dimensioning of wires- Circuit diagrams and symbols -Electromagnetic Compatibility and interference suppression. Batteries – Battery design -Method of operation – Lead acid battery construction – Battery ratings and testingMaintenance -free batteries – Battery – Substitute, versions, special cases
STARTING AND CHARGING SYSTEM
Alternators – Generation of electrical energy in vehicle- physical principles- Alternator and voltage regulations versions – power losses – characteristics curve- Alternator operation in the vehicle- Alternator circuitry. Starter Motors – Development and Starting requirements in the IC engines- starter motor design – Starter motor design variations – starter motor control and power circuits
AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONICS AND SENSORS AND ACTUATORS
Automotive Electronics- overview and demands- Basic principles of semiconductor technology -Electronic Components- semiconductor components- Microcontrollers – Sensor-Signal Processing – Data Processing in the vehicle – Glossary for automotive microelectronics. Automotive Sensors – Basics – Sensors : Position, speed, Acceleration/Vibrational , Force/Torque, Flow meters, Gas/ Concentration , Temperature- Measured Quantities, Measuring Principles and automotive applications Automotive Actuators – Electromechanical actuators- Fluid-mechanical actuators- Electrical machines- Direct-current machines- Three-phase machines- Single-phase alternating-current Machines – Duty-type ratings for electrical machines
Data transfer between automotive Electronics systems – Basic principles of networkingNetwork topology- Network organization- OSI reference model- Control mechanisms -communication protocols in embedded systems– Vehicle Communication Protocols – Crosssystem functions – Requirements for bus systems- Classification of bus systems- Applications in the vehicle – Coupling of networks- Examples of networked Vehicles – Bus system- CAN, LIN, Flexray – MOST etc.
- Define the glossary related to vehicle electrical and electronic system
- Understand the need for starter batteries, starter motor and alternator in the vehicle.
- Differentiate the conventional and modern vehicle architecture and the data transfer among the different electronic control unit using different communication protocols
- List common types of sensor and actuators used in vehicles
- Understand networking in vehicles.
- Barry Holembeak, “Automotive Electrical and Electronics” , Delmar Publishers, Clifton Park,USA,2010
- James D Halderman, “ Automotive Electrical and Electronics” , Prentice Hall, USA, 2013
- Tom Denton, “Automotive Electrical and Electronics Systems,” Third Edition, 2004, SAE International
- William Ribbens, “Understanding Automotive Electronics – An Engineering Perspective,” 7th Edition, Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann Publishers, 2012.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Instrumentation & Control Engineering 6th Sem, visit ICE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Instrumentation & Control Engineering results, visit Anna University ICE all semester results direct link.