Green Electronics detailed syllabus for Instrumentation & Control Engineering (ICE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the ICE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Instrumentation & Control Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit ICE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VI scheme and its subjects refer to ICE Professional Elective-VI syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of green electronics is as follows.
INTRODUCTION TO GREEN ELECTRONICS
Environmental concerns of the modern society- Overview of electronics industry and their relevant regulations in China, European Union and other key countries- global and regional strategy and policy on green electronics industry. Restriction of Hazardous substances (RoHS) – Waste Electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE – Energy using Product (EuP) and Registration – Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemical substances (REACH).
GREEN ELECTRONICS MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
Basics of IC manufacturing and its process – Electronics with Lead (Pb) -free solder pastes, conductive adhesives, Introduction to green electronic materials and products – halogen-free substrates and components. Substitution of non-recyclable thermosetting polymer based composites with recyclable materials X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) for identifying hazardous substances in electronic products.
FLIP-CHIP ASSEMBLY AND BONDING FOR LEAD-FREE ELECTRONICS(7+2SKILL)
Flip-Chip Assembly Process – Placement and Under fill stage-FEM of Die stress – Gold stud Bump Bonding – Materials and Process Variations – Integrating Flip Chip into a Standard SMT Lead-Free Reflow soldering Techniques and Analytical Methods – Electro migration Analysis for Mean-Time-to-Failure Calculations – Gold-Tin Solder Integrating Vertical-Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers onto Integrated Circuits – Design and Processing of Flip-Chip Bonding Structures – Opto-Electronic Integration.
Lead-Free Electronic Design – Selection of the Package Type – Substrate or Die Attachment FR4 -Electrical Connections from Die to FR4 – Assess Impact of CTE Mismatch on Stress and Fatigue Life – Design Solder Balls for External Connection to PCB – Thermal Analysis of Flip-Chip Packaging -RLC for Flip-Chip Packages – Drop Test of Flip-Chip Packaging – Wei bull Distribution for Life Testing and Analysis of Test Data.
Skill Development Activities
(Group Seminar/Mini Project/Assignment/Content 10 Preparation / Quiz/ Surprise Test / Solving GATE questions/ etc)
- Interpretation of Data Sheet of electronics with respect to their Static and Dynamic Characteristics.
- Selection of green electronics for product design.
- Familiarization of any one relevant software tool (MATLAB/ SCILAB/ LABVIEW/ Proteus/ Equivalent open source software)
- Design and verification of simple signal conditioning circuit thro simulation.
- Realization of signal conditioning circuit in hardware
- Introduction to other advanced green electronics not covered in the above syllabus
- John X.Wang ï¿½Green Electronics Manufacturingï¿½, CRC Press Indian Prentice Hall, 2012
- Sammy G. Shina, ï¿½Green Electronics Design and Manufacturingï¿½, McGraw Hill., 2008.
- Lee Goldberg, ï¿½Green Electronics/Green Bottom Line, Newnes Publications 2000
- Green Communications and Networks, by Yuhang yang and Maode Ma, Springer Publication.
List of Open Source Software/ Learning Website:
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Instrumentation & Control Engineering 6th Sem, visit ICE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Instrumentation & Control Engineering results, visit Anna University ICE all semester results direct link.