Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technologies detailed syllabus for Cyber Security (Cyber Security) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the Cyber Security students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Cyber Security 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Cyber Security 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-IV scheme and its subjects refer to Cyber Security Professional Elective-IV syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies is as follows.
INTRODUCTION TO BLOCKCHAIN
Blockchain- Public Ledgers, Blockchain as Public Ledgers – Block in a Blockchain, Transactions-The Chain and the Longest Chain – Permissioned Model of Blockchain, Cryptographic -Hash Function, Properties of a hash function-Hash pointer and Merkle tree
BITCOIN AND CRYPTOCURRENCY
A basic crypto currency, Creation of coins, Payments and double spending, FORTH – the precursor for Bitcoin scripting, Bitcoin Scripts , Bitcoin P2P Network, Transaction in Bitcoin Network, Block Mining, Block propagation and block relay
HYPERLEDGER FABRIC & ETHEREUM
Architecture of Hyperledger fabric v1.1- chain code- Ethereum: Ethereum network, EVM, Transaction fee, Mist Browser, Ether, Gas, Solidity.
Smart contracts, Truffle Design and issue- DApps- NFT. Blockchain Applications in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Smart Cities, Finance and Banking, Insurance,etc- Case Study.
- Understand emerging abstract models for Blockchain Technology
- Identify major research challenges and technical gaps existing between theory and practice in the crypto currency domain.
- It provides conceptual understanding of the function of Blockchain as a method of securing distributed ledgers, how consensus on their contents is achieved, and the new applications that they enable.
- Apply hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum platform to implement the Block chain Application.
- Bashir and Imran, Mastering Blockchain: Deeper insights into decentralization, cryptography, Bitcoin, and popular Blockchain frameworks, 2017.
- 2.Andreas Antonopoulos, “Mastering Bitcoin: Unlocking Digital Cryptocurrencies”, O’Reilly, 2014.
- Daniel Drescher, “Blockchain Basics”, First Edition, Apress, 2017.
- Arvind Narayanan, Joseph Bonneau, Edward Felten, Andrew Miller, and Steven Goldfeder. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency technologies: a comprehensive introduction. Princeton University Press, 2016.
- Melanie Swan, “Blockchain: Blueprint for a New Economy”, O’Reilly, 2015
- Ritesh Modi, “Solidity Programming Essentials: A Beginner’s Guide to Build Smart Contracts for Ethereum and Blockchain”, Packt Publishing
- Handbook of Research on Blockchain Technology, published by Elsevier Inc. ISBN: 9780128198162, 2020.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Cyber Security 6th Sem, visit Cyber Security 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Cyber Security results, visit Anna University Cyber Security all semester results direct link.