3D Printing and Design detailed syllabus for Cyber Security (Cyber Security) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the Cyber Security students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Cyber Security 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Cyber Security 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-IV scheme and its subjects refer to Cyber Security Professional Elective-IV syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of 3d printing and design is as follows.
Introduction; Design considerations – Material, Size, Resolution, Process; Modelling and viewing -3D; Scanning; Model preparation – Digital; Slicing; Software; File formats
Processes – Extrusion, Wire, Granular, Lamination, Photopolymerisation; Materials – Paper, Plastics, Metals, Ceramics, Glass, Wood, Fiber, Sand, Biological Tissues, Hydrogels, Graphene; Material Selection – Processes, applications, limitations;
Light Sources – Types, Characteristics; Optics – Deflection, Modulation; Material feeding and flow – Liquid, powder; Printing machines – Types, Working Principle, Build Platform, Print bed Movement, Support structures;
Product Models, manufacturing – Printed electronics, Biopolymers, Packaging, Healthcare, Food, Medical, Biotechnology, Displays; Future trends;
- Study the interface and basic tools in the CAD software.
- Study 3D printer(s) including print heads, build envelope, materials used and related support removal system(s).
- Review of geometry terms of a 3D mesh.
- Commands for moving from 2D to 3D.
- Advanced CAD commands to navigate models in 3D space
- Design any four everyday objects
Refer to web sites like Thingiverse, Shapeways and GitFab to design four everyday objects that utilize the advantages of 3D printing
- Choose four models from a sharing site like Thingiverse, Shapeways or Gitfab.
- Improve upon a file and make it your own. Some ideas include:
- Redesign it with a specific user in mind
- Redesign it for a slightly different purpose
- Improve the look of the product
a) Freeware utilities: Autodesk MeshMixer (http://goo.gl/x5nhYc), MeshLab (http://goo.gl/fgztLl) or Netfabb Basic or Cloud Service (http://goo.gl/Q1 P47a)
b) Freeware tool tutorials: Netfabb Basic or Cloud Service (http://goo.gl/Q1P47a), Netfabb and MeshLab (http://goo.gl/WPOVec)
c) Professional tools: Magics or Netfabb
- Christopher Barnatt, 3D Printing: The Next Industrial Revolution, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2013.
- Ian M. Hutchings, Graham D. Martin, Inkjet Technology for Digital Fabrication, John Wiley & Sons, 2013.
- Chua, C.K., Leong K.F. and Lim C.S., Rapid prototyping: Principles and applications, second edition, World Scientific Publishers, 2010
- Ibrahim Zeid, Mastering CAD CAM Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Co., 2007
- Joan Horvath, Mastering 3D Printing, APress, 2014.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Cyber Security 6th Sem, visit Cyber Security 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Cyber Security results, visit Anna University Cyber Security all semester results direct link.