Human Assist Devices detailed syllabus for Biomedical Engineering (BME) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the BME students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit BME 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VII scheme and its subjects refer to BME Professional Elective-VII syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of human assist devices is as follows.
HEART LUNG MACHINE AND ARTIFICIAL HEART
Condition to be satisfied by the H/L System. Different types of Oxygenators, Pumps, Pulsatile and Continuous Types, Monitoring Process, Shunting, The Indication for Cardiac Transplant, Driving Mechanism, Blood Handling System, Functioning and different types of Artificial Heart, Schematic for temporary bypass of left ventricle.
CARDIAC ASSIST DEVICES
Assisted through Respiration, Right and left Ventricular Bypass Pump, Auxiliary ventricle, Open Chest and Closed Chest type, Intra Aortic Balloon Pumping, Prosthetic Cardiac valves, Principle of External Counter pulsation techniques.
RESPIRATORY AND HEARING AIDS
Ventilator and its types-Intermittent positive pressure, Breathing Apparatus Operating Sequence, Electronic IPPB unit with monitoring for all respiratory parameters. Types of Deafness, Hearing Aids, SISI, masking techniques, wearable devices for hearing correction.
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator, bio-feedback, Diagnostic and point-of-care platforms.
At the end of this course the students will be able to:
- Explain the principles and construction of artificial heart
- Understand various mechanical techniques that improve therapeutic technology
- Explain the functioning of the membrane or filter that cleanses the blood.
- Describe the tests to assess the hearing loss and development of wearable devices for the same.
- Analyze and research on electrical stimulation and biofeedback techniques in rehabilitation and physiotherapy.
- Andreas.F. Von racum, “Hand book of bio material evaluation”, Mc-Millan publishers, 1980.
- Gray E Wnek, Gray L Browlin, “Encyclopedia of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering” Marcel Dekker Inc New York 2004.
- D.S. Sunder, “Rehabilitation Medicine”, 3rd Edition, Jaypee Medical Publication, 2010
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem, visit BME 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Biomedical Engineering results, visit Anna University BME all semester results direct link.