Advancements in Healthcare Technology detailed syllabus for Biomedical Engineering (BME) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the BME students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit BME 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VII scheme and its subjects refer to BME Professional Elective-VII syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of advancements in healthcare technology is as follows.
Digital Health: Requirements and best practices, Laws and regulations in Digital health, Ethical issues, barriers and strategies for innovation.
Digital radiology for digital hospital, picture archiving and communication, system integration, digital history of radiology, medical image archives, storage and networks.
M-HEALTH CARE AND WEARABLE DEVICES
Introduction to mobile healthcare devices-economy-average length of stay in hospital, outpatient care, health care costs, mobile phones, 4G, smart devices, wearable devices, Uptake of e-health and m-health technologies. Standards, system Design and case study.
MODALITY AND STANDARDS FOR INTER-OPERABILITY
Multimodality registration in daily clinical practice. Mobile healthcare. Selection and Implementation in e-Health project, design of medical equipment based on user needs. Security and privacy in digital health care. Case study.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to
- Interpret the need for digital methods of handling medical records
- Explain the digital radiology
- Modify the tools and methods for work flow in E-Health
- Identify the available technology for wearable healthcare devices
- Compare various standards for inter-operability of devices, quality and safety standards for developing healthcare systems
- Rick Krohn (Editor), David Metcalf, Patricia Salber, “Health-e Everything: Wearables and The Internet of Things for Health, ebook. 2013.
- Khandpur,R.S,”Handbook of Biomedical Instrumentation ”,Second Edition. Tata Mc Graw Hill Pub. Co., Ltd. 2003
- John, G. Webster. Medical Instrumentation: Application and Design. Second Edition. Wiley Publisher, New Delhi. 2013.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem, visit BME 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Biomedical Engineering results, visit Anna University BME all semester results direct link.