Critical Care and Operation Theatre Equipment detailed syllabus for Biomedical Engineering (BME) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the BME students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit BME 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VII scheme and its subjects refer to BME Professional Elective-VII syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of critical care and operation theatre equipment is as follows.
INTENSIVE CARE UNIT EQUIPMENT
Suction apparatus, Different types; Sterilizers, Chemical, Radiation, Steam for small and large units. ICU ventilators. Automated drug delivery systems, Infusion pumps, components of drug infusion system, ^closed loop control infusion system, implantable infusion system. BMD Measurements – SXA – DXA – Quantitative ultrasound bone densitometer
CRITICAL CARE EQUIPMENT
Defibrillators, Hemodialysis Machine, Different types of Dialyzers, Membranes, Machine controls and measurements. Heart Lung Machine, different types of oxygenators, peristaltic pumps, Incubators.
Centralized Oxygen, Nitrogen, Air supply & Suction. Centralized Air Conditioning, Operation Theatre table & Lighting. C Arm.
Patient electrical safety, Types of hazards, Natural protective mechanisms against electricity, Leakage current, Inspection of grounding and patient isolation, Hazards in operation rooms, ICCU and IMCUs, Opto couplers and Pulse transformers.
On successful completion of this course, the student will be able to
- Apply the knowledge acquired, in designing new monitoring devices for ICU and assist the medical personnel’s during emergency situations
- Suggest suitable surgical instruments and operational devices.
- Compare the various techniques for clinical diagnosis, therapy and surgery, and its recent methods
- Assess the merits of the operation theatre equipment based on its applications
- Design the devices for the particular application based on given specifications.
- L.A Geddes and L.E.Baker, “Principles of Applied Biomedical Instrumentation”, 3rd Edition, 2008.
- Antony Y.K.Chan,”Biomedical Device Technology, Principles and design”, Charles Thomas Publisher Ltd, Illinois, USA, 2008.
- Leslie Cromwell, “Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurement”, Pearson Education, New Delhi, 2007.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem, visit BME 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Biomedical Engineering results, visit Anna University BME all semester results direct link.