Bio MEMS detailed syllabus for Biomedical Engineering (BME) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the BME students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit BME 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VII scheme and its subjects refer to BME Professional Elective-VII syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of bio mems is as follows.
MEMS MATERIALS AND FABRICATION
Semiconductor materials; photo lithography; doping; thin film growth and deposition; CVD and Ion Implantation, metallization; wet and dry etching; silicon micromachining; metal MEMS processes; submicron optical lithography; electron beam lithography; soft lithography and printing.
MECHANICAL AND THERMAL SENSORS AND ACTUATORS
Mechanical sensors and actuators – beam and cantilever -microplates, strain, pressure and flow measurements, Thermal sensors and actuators- actuator based on thermal expansion, thermal couples, thermal resistor, Shape memory alloys- Inertia sensor, flowsensor.
Laminar flow in circular conduits, fluid flow in micro conduits, in submicrometer and nanoscale. microfluidic components (filters, mixers, valves, and pumps)
APPLICATIONS OF BIOMEMS
CAD for MEMS,DNA sensor, MEMS based drug delivery, Biosensors- sensors for glucose, uric acid, urea and triglyceride sensor. Introduction to the MATLAB/Simulink/ CAD tool for modelling/simulations of bioelectronics systems.
- Modeling and Simulation of MEMS sensors Using MATLAB (SIMULINK) such as Accelerometer, Current and Voltage Sensor.
- Design of 3D CAD of BIOMEMS sensors.
- Analysis of 3D CAD of BIOMEMS sensor.
- TaiRan Hsu,MEMS and Microsystems Design and Manufacture, Tata McGrawHill Publishing Company, New Delhi, 2017.
- WanjunWang and Stephen A.Soper, BioMEMS:Technologies and Applications, CRC Press, NewYork, 2007.
- Chang Liu, Foundations of MEMS, Pearson Education International, New Jersey, USA, 2011.
- Ellis Meng, Biomedical Microsystems, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 2011.
- P. Tabeling, S .Chen, Introduction to microfluidics, Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Alok Pandya ,Vijai Singh, Micro/Nanofluidics and Lab-on-Chip Based Emerging Technologies for Biomedical and Translational Research Applications – Part B, Academic Press, 2022
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem, visit BME 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Biomedical Engineering results, visit Anna University BME all semester results direct link.