Bio-fertilizer Production and Mushroom Cultivation detailed syllabus for Biotechnology (BioTech) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the BioTech students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Biotechnology 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit BioTech 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VIII scheme and its subjects refer to BioTech Professional Elective-VIII syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of bio-fertilizer production and mushroom cultivation is as follows.
MUSHROOM BIOLOGY MORPHOLOGY 9
Classification: edible and poisonous mushrooms. Life cycle of Basidiomycetes fungiBreeding and Genetic improvement of mushroom strains. Medicinal and Nutritional value of mushrooms.
MUSHROOM CULTIVATION TECHNIQUES 9
Cultivation conditions for tropical and temperate countries. Isolation, spawn production, growth media, spawn running and harvesting of mushrooms (Volvariella spp., Pleurotus spp., Agaricus spp., Calocybe spp., and Lentinus spp). Diseases / contamination; Post Harvest Technology: Freezing, drying, freeze drying and canning..
COMPOSTING TECHNIQUE INTRODUCTION- 9
history of composting – compost – composting processes – microbiology of composting fate of pathogens – ingredients in composting – various methods of composting: vermi- composting and home composting-steps in composting.
BIO-FERTILIZERS AND THEIR PRODUCTION 9
Introduction – Types: Microbes as biofertilizer, Green manure, importance of macronutrients ;Biofertilizers vs Chemical fertilizers; Nitrogen fixers – types and examples; Phosphate solubilizers – role of bacteria and Mycorrhizae -Mass cultivation and Application of the following biofertilizers: i)Rhizobium ii)Azospirillum iv) Cyanobacteria v) Mycorrhizae Quality control; Challenges and opportunities; Biofertilizer Entrepreneurshi
- Nita Bahl, 2002. Hand Book on Mushroom Cultivation. 4th Edition, Vijay Primlani for Oxford & IBH Publishing Co., Press, New York, New Delhi.
- Biswas, S, Datta, M and Nagachan, S.V. 2012. Mushrooms- A manual for cultivation. PHI Learning Private Limited, New Delhi.
- Krishnamoorthy, 1999. Hand Book of Mushroom Cultivation. TNAU Publications, Coimbatore, TN, India.
- SubbaRao, N. S., 1988, Biofertilizers in agriculture. Oxford & IBH Publishing Company, New Delhi.
- SubbaRao, N. S., 1977, Soil microorganisms and Plant Growth. Oxford & IBH Publishing Company, New Delhi.
- SubbaRao, N. S., 1998, Biofertilizers in agriculture and forestry. India Book House Ltd. New Delhi.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Biotechnology 6th Sem, visit BioTech 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Biotechnology results, visit Anna University BioTech all semester results direct link.