Therapeutic Application of Phytochemicals detailed syllabus for Biotechnology (BioTech) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the BioTech students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Biotechnology 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit BioTech 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VIII scheme and its subjects refer to BioTech Professional Elective-VIII syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of therapeutic application of phytochemicals is as follows.
INTRODUCTION PLANT NATURAL PRODUCTS 9
– History- general significance- classification- list of floral sources- general detection, extraction and characterization procedures
GLYCOSIDES AND FLAVONOIDS GLYCOSIDES 9
Classification, therapeutic value, chemical properties & tests for identification. Flavonoids: Sources, classification, biogenesis, extraction, isolation, identification and therapeutic applications.
LIGNANS, TERPENES, VOLATILE OILS, SAPONINS LIGNANS AND
Classification, naturalsources and pharmacological applications. Terpenes: Classification, biosynthesis, origin of 5-carbons isoprene unit, head to tail coupling and tail-totail coupling of isoprene units – Volatile Oils: Classifications, sources, medicinal and non-medicinal uses -Saponins : Sources, classification, physical and biological properties
CAROTENOIDS AND ALKALOIDS CAROTENOIDS: 9
Sources, biogenesis, classification and therapeutic values. Alkaloids: Classification, distribution in nature, localization, nomenclature, physico -chemical properties, extraction, detection, isolation, purification, biosynthetic origin and pharmacological activities.
- Agarwal, O. P. 2002. Organic chemistry-Chemistry of organic natural products. Vol. II. Goel publishing house , Meerut.
- Farooqui, A. A. and Sreeraman, B. S. 2001. Cultvation of medicinal and aromatic crops. Universities Press.
- Harborne, J. B. 1998. Phytochemical methods -a guide to modern techniques of plant analysis 3 rd edition, Chapman and Hall.
- Yesodha, D., Geetha, S and Radhakrishnan, V. 1997. Allied Biochemistry. Morgan publications, Chennai.
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Biotechnology 6th Sem, visit BioTech 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Biotechnology results, visit Anna University BioTech all semester results direct link.