Total Quality Management detailed syllabus for Civil Engineering (Civil) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna University official website and presented for the Civil students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Civil Engineering 7th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Civil 7th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. The detailed syllabus of total quality management is as follows.
INTRODUCTION 9 Introduction – Need for quality – Evolution of quality – Definition of quality – Dimensions of product and service quality -Definition of TQM– Basic concepts of TQM – Gurus of TQM (Brief introduction) — TQM Framework- Barriers to TQM -Benefits of TQM.
TQM TOOLS & TECHNIQUES I 9 The seven traditional tools of quality – New management tools – Six-sigma Process Capability- Bench marking – Reasons to benchmark, Benchmarking process, What to Bench Mark, Understanding Current Performance, Planning, Studying Others, Learning from the data, Using the findings, Pitfalls and Criticisms of Benchmarking – FMEA – Intent , Documentation, Stages: Design FMEA and Process FMEA.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM 9 Introduction-Benefits of ISO Registration-ISO 9000 Series of Standards-Sector-Specific Standards – AS 9100, TS16949 and TL 9000– ISO 9001 Requirements-Implementation-Documentation-Internal Audits-Registration-ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: IntroductionISO 14000 Series StandardsConcepts of ISO 14001Requirements of ISO 14001-Benefits of EMS.
- Dale H.Besterfiled, Carol B.Michna,Glen H. Besterfield,Mary B.Sacre,Hemant Urdhwareshe and RashmiUrdhwareshe, Total Quality Management, Pearson Education Asia, Revised Third Edition, Indian Reprint, Sixth Impression,2013.
- Joel.E. Ross, Total Quality Management – Text and Cases, Routledge.,2017.
- Kiran.D.R, Total Quality Management: Key concepts and case studies, Butterworth -Heinemann Ltd, 2016.
- Oakland, J.S. TQM – Text with Cases, Butterworth – Heinemann Ltd., Oxford, Third Edition,2003.
- Suganthi,L and Anand Samuel, Total Quality Management, Prentice Hall (India) Pvt. Ltd.,2006 .
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Civil Engineering, 2021 regulation curriculum do visit Civil 7th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Civil Engineering results, visit Anna University Civil all semester results direct link.