Computer Control of Processes detailed syllabus for Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the EEE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit EEE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-V scheme and its subjects refer to EEE Professional Elective-V syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of computer control of processes is as follows.
DISCRETE STATE-VARIABLE TECHNIQUE 9 State equation of discrete data system with sample and hold – State transition equation -Methods of computing the state transition matrix – Decomposition of discrete data transfer functions – State diagrams of discrete data systems – System with zero-order hold -Controllability and observability of linear time invariant discrete data system-Stability tests of discrete-data system.
DIGITAL CONTROLLER DESIGN 9 Review of z-transform – Modified of z-transform – Pulse transfer function – Digital PID controller – Dead-beat controller and Dahlins controller – Kalmans algorithm, Pole Placement Controller
MULTIVARIABLE REGULATORY CONTROL 9 Introduction to Multivariable control -Multivariable PID Controller – Multivariable Dynamic Matrix Controller – Case Studies: – Distillation Column, CSTR and Four-tank system.
Skill Development Activities
- Develop mathematical models for discrete time systems using state variable techniques and analyze the stability of the systems. L4
- Construct models from input-output data by least square and recursive least square method. L5
- Ability to design different digital controllers to satisfy the required criterion. L5
- Design a multi-loop controller and multivariable controller for multi-variable systems. L5
- Ability to design multivariable dynamic matrix controller for industrial processes. L5
- Stephanopoulos, G., Chemical Process Control -An Introduction to Theory and Practice, Prentice Hall of India, 1st Edition, 2015.
- Sigurd Skogestad, Ian Postlethwaite, Multivariable Feedback Control: Analysis and Design, John Wiley and Sons, 2005, 2nd Edition.
List of Open Source Software/ Learning Website:
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electrical & Electronics Engineering 6th Sem, visit EEE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electrical & Electronics Engineering results, visit Anna University EEE all semester results direct link.