Industrial IoT and Industry 4.0 detailed syllabus for Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the ECE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electronics & Communication Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit ECE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VI scheme and its subjects refer to ECE Professional Elective-VI syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of industrial iot and industry 4.0 is as follows.
UNDERSTANDING IOT CONCEPT AND DEVELOPMENT PLATFORM 6 IOT Definition, Importance of IoT, Applications of IOT, IoT architecture, Understanding working of Sensors, Actuators, Sensor calibration, Study of Different sensors and their characteristics
IOT PHYSICAL DEVICES AND ENDPOINTS AND CONTROLLING 6
Hardware and Sensors
IoT Physical Devices and Endpoints- Introduction to Arduino and Raspberry Pi- Installation, Interfaces (serial, SPI, I2C), Programming – Python program with Raspberry PI with focus on interfacing external gadgets, controlling output, reading input from pins. Controlling Hardware- Connecting LED, Buzzer, Switching High Power devices with transistors, Controlling AC Power devices with Relays, Controlling servo motor, speed control of DC Motor, unipolar and bipolar Stepper motors; Sensors- Light sensor, temperature sensor with thermistor, voltage sensor, ADC and DAC, Temperature and Humidity Sensor DHT11, Motion Detection Sensors, Wireless Bluetooth Sensors,Level Sensors, USB Sensors, Embedded Sensors, Distance Measurement with ultrasound sensor.
CHALLENGES IN IOT SYSTEM DESIGN – HARDWARE & SOFTWARE 6 Antenna design and placement, Chip-package system development, Power electronics, electromagnetic interference/compatibility (EMI/EMC), Electronics reliability; Battery simulation.
List of Equipment for a Batch of 30 Students (3 in a Bench):
- Real time Spectrum Analyser upto atleast 6.2GHz and 40MHz bandwidth – Qty #1
- DC Power supply – 120W with Battery simulation – Qty #1
- Graphical Digital Multimeter with built-in digitizer and datalogging for 20 channels – Qty #1
- 200MHz 6 channel scope with Serial trigger & decode capability for I2C, SPI, RS-232/422/485/UART buses, and built-in 50MHz AFG and 8 digital channel analysis – Qty #1
- AI Node with pre-configured SSD, USB Camera, USB Hub, USB Mouse, and USB Keyboard. – Qty 1no
- Sensor IOT Application Board with built-in 7 sensors (LDR #2, IR #2, Temperature #1, Ultrasound #1 and LPG Gas sensors #1); Embedded uC mother board, LCD display, Buzzer, Power supply (12V,1A) with adaptor and PCB Base plate; – Qty 5 nos
- All in One General Purpose Board
- IOT Gateway – Qty 1no
- Bluetooth Module- Qty 1no
- Router – Qty 1no
- Portable Sensor Kit – Qty 1no
- IOT sensor kit – Qty 1no
- RFID Module – Qty 1no
- Finger Print Module – Qty 1no
- Stepper Motor – Qty 1no
- DC Motor – Qty 1no
- Amazon Echo device – Qty 2nos
Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Understand the building blocks of IoT technology and explore the vast spectrum of IoT applications
- Use processors & peripherals to design & build IoT hardware
- Assess, select and customize technologies for IoT applications
- Connect numerous IOT applications with the physical world of humans and real life problem solving.
- Design and implement IOT applications that manage big data
- Raspberry Pi Cookbook, Software and Hardware Problems and solutions, Simon Monk, O’Reilly (SPD), 2016, ISBN 7989352133895
- N. Ida, Sensors, Actuators and Their Interfaces, SciTech Publishers, 2014.
- Peter Waher, ‘Learning Internet of Things’, Packt Publishing, 2015 3. Editors Ovidiu Vermesan
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electronics & Communication Engineering 6th Sem, visit ECE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electronics & Communication Engineering results, visit Anna University ECE all semester results direct link.