MEMS Design detailed syllabus for Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the ECE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electronics & Communication Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit ECE 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VI scheme and its subjects refer to ECE Professional Elective-VI syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of mems design is as follows.
ESSENTIAL ELECTRIC AND MECHANICAL CONCEPTS 6 Conductivity of semiconductors, Crystal planes and orientations, stress and strain, flexural beam bending analysis under simple loading conditions, Dynamic system, resonant frequency and quality factor
THERMAL SENSING AND ACTUATION 6 Fundamentals of thermal transfer, Sensors and actuators based on thermal expansion, Themal couples, Thermal resistors, Applications- Infrared sensors, flow sensors, Inertial sensors, other sensors
MAGNETIC SENSING AND ACTUATION 6 Concepts and principles- magnetization and nomenclatures, principles of micromagnetic actuators, fabrication of micro magnetic components- deposition, design and fabrication of magnetic coil, MEMS magnetic actuators
Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to
- Understand the basics of MEMS design aspects.
- Apply the knowledge in the development of electro static sensors and actuators.
- Apply the knowledge in the development of thermal sensors and actuators.
- Apply the knowledge in the development of piezoelectric sensors and actuators.
- Apply the knowledge in the development of magnetic sensors and actuators.
- Chang Liu, Foundations of MEMS, Pearson education India limited, 2006
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Electronics & Communication Engineering 6th Sem, visit ECE 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electronics & Communication Engineering results, visit Anna University ECE all semester results direct link.