Cyber Security detailed syllabus for Cyber Security (Cyber Security) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the Cyber Security students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Cyber Security 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit Cyber Security 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-IV scheme and its subjects refer to Cyber Security Professional Elective-IV syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of cyber security is as follows.
Cyber Security – History of Internet – Impact of Internet – CIA Triad; Reason for Cyber Crime -Need for Cyber Security – History of Cyber Crime; Cybercriminals – Classification of Cybercrimes – A Global Perspective on Cyber Crimes; Cyber Laws – The Indian IT Act – Cybercrime and Punishment.
ATTACKS AND COUNTERMEASURES
OSWAP; Malicious Attack Threats and Vulnerabilities: Scope of Cyber-Attacks – Security Breach – Types of Malicious Attacks – Malicious Software – Common Attack Vectors – Social engineering Attack – Wireless Network Attack – Web Application Attack – Attack Tools – Countermeasures.
Host -Based Intrusion Detection – Network -Based Intrusion Detection – Distributed or Hybrid Intrusion Detection – Intrusion Detection Exchange Format – Honeypots – Example System Snort.
Firewalls and Intrusion Prevention Systems: Need for Firewalls – Firewall Characteristics and Access Policy – Types of Firewalls – Firewall Basing – Firewall Location and Configurations -Intrusion Prevention Systems – Example Unified Threat Management Products.
- Install Kali Linux on Virtual box
- Explore Kali Linux and bash scripting
- Perform open source intelligence gathering using Netcraft, Whois Lookups, DNS Reconnaissance, Harvester and Maltego
- Understand the nmap command d and scan a target using nmap
- Install metasploitable2 on the virtual box and search for unpatched vulnerabilities
- Use Metasploit to exploit an unpatched vulnerability
- Install Linus server on the virtual box and install ssh
- Use Fail2banto scan log files and ban Ips that show the malicious signs
- Launch brute-force attacks on the Linux server using Hydra.
- Perform real-time network traffic analysis and data pocket logging using Snort
- Anand Shinde, “Introduction to Cyber Security Guide to the World of Cyber Security”, Notion Press, 2021 (Unit 1)
- Nina Godbole, Sunit Belapure, “Cyber Security: Understanding Cyber Crimes, Computer Forensics and Legal Perspectives”, Wiley Publishers, 2011 (Unit 1)
- David Kim, Michael G. Solomon, “Fundamentals of Information Systems Security”, Jones & Bartlett Learning Publishers, 2013 (Unit 2)
- Patrick Engebretson, “The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing: Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing Made easy”, Elsevier, 2011 (Unit 3)
- Kimberly Graves, “CEH Official Certified Ethical hacker Review Guide”, Wiley Publishers, 2007 (Unit 3)
- William Stallings, Lawrie Brown, “Computer Security Principles and Practice”, Third Edition, Pearson Education, 2015 (Units 4 and 5)
- Georgia Weidman, “Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking”, No Starch Press, 2014 (Lab)
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Cyber Security 6th Sem, visit Cyber Security 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Cyber Security results, visit Anna University Cyber Security all semester results direct link.