Telehealth Technology detailed syllabus for Biomedical Engineering (BME) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna Universities official website and presented for the BME students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit BME 6th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. For Professional Elective-VI scheme and its subjects refer to BME Professional Elective-VI syllabus scheme. The detailed syllabus of telehealth technology is as follows.
FUNDAMENTALS OF TELEMEDICINE
History of telemedicine, definition of telemedicine, tele-health, tele-care, scope, Telemedicine Systems, benefits & limitations of telemedicine.
TYPE OF INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION INFRASTRUCTURE FOR TELEMEDICINE
Audio, video, still images, text and data, internet, air/ wireless communications, GSM satellite, micro wave, Mobile health and ubiquitous healthcare.
PICTURE ARCHIVING AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
Introduction to radiology information system and ACS, DICOM, PACS strategic plan and needs assessment, technical Issues, PACS architecture.
APPLICATIONS OF TELEMEDICINE
Teleradiology, telepathology, telecardiology, teleoncology, teledermatology, telesurgery.
- Porting sensor data on mobile devices
- IoT for healthcare monitoring
- Porting medical data on cloud platform
- Cloud computing applications in health informatics
- Study of telemedicine tools
- Design of an application for mobile devices
- Olga Ferrer Roca, Marcelo Sosa Iudicissa, “Handbook of Telemedicine”, IOS Press, Netherland, 3. 2002
- Khandpur R S, “TELEMEDICINE – Technology and Applications”, PHI Learning Pvt Ltd., New Delhi, 2017.
- Norris A C, “Essentials of Telemedicine and Telecare”, John Wiley, New York, 2002 REFERENCES
- H K Huang, “PACS and Imaging Informatics: Basic Principles and Applications” Wiley, New Jersey, 2010.
- Khandpur R S, “Handbook of Biomedical Instrumentation”, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2003
- Keith J Dreyer, Amit Mehta, James H Thrall, “Pacs: A Guide to the Digital Revolution”, Springer, New York, 2002.
- Garrett Grolemund, Hands-On Programming with R, O’Reilly , 1 edition , 2014.
- Michael Dawson, Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner, Course Technology , 3rd edition ,2010
- Magesh Jayakumar, Arduino and Android Using Mit App Inventor, Createspace Independent Publishing Platform , 1.0 edition ,2016
For detailed syllabus of all the other subjects of Biomedical Engineering 6th Sem, visit BME 6th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Biomedical Engineering results, visit Anna University BME all semester results direct link.