Professional English – I detailed syllabus for Textile Technology (TT) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna University official website and presented for the TT students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Textile Technology 1st Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit TT 1st Sem 2021 regulation scheme. The detailed syllabus of professional english – i is as follows.
INTRODUCTION TO EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION 1 What is effective communication? (Explain using activities) Why is communication critical for excellence during study, research and work? What are the seven Cs of effective communication? What are key language skills? What is effective listening? What does it involve? What is effective speaking? What does it mean to be an excellent reader? What should you be able to do? What is effective writing? How does one develop language and communication skills? What does the course focus on? How are communication and language skills going to be enhanced during this course? What do you as a learner need to do to enhance your English language and communication skills to get the best out of this course?
NARRATION AND SUMMATION 9 Reading – Reading biographies, travelogues, newspaper reports, Excerpts from literature, and travel & technical blogs. Writing – Guided writing– Paragraph writing Short Report on an event (field trip etc.) Grammar -Past tense (simple); Subject-Verb Agreement; and Prepositions. Vocabulary – Word forms (prefixes& suffixes); Synonyms and Antonyms. Phrasal verbs.
CLASSIFICATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS 9 Reading – Newspaper articles; Journal reports -and Non Verbal Communication (tables, pie charts etc,). Writing – Note-making / Note-taking (*Study skills to be taught, not tested); Writing recommendations; Transferring information from non verbal ( chart , graph etc, to verbal mode) Grammar – Articles; Pronouns – Possessive & Relative pronouns. Vocabulary – Collocations; Fixed / Semi fixed expressions.
At the end of the course, learners will be able
- To use appropriate words in a professional context
- To gain understanding of basic grammatic structures and use them in right context.
- To read and infer the denotative and connotative meanings of technical texts
- To write definitions, descriptions, narrations and essays on various topics
- English for Engineers & Technologists Orient Blackswan Private Ltd. Department of English, Anna University, (2020 edition)
- English for Science & Technology Cambridge University Press, 2021. Authored by Dr. Veena Selvam, Dr. Sujatha Priyadarshini, Dr. Deepa Mary Francis, Dr. KN. Shoba, and Dr. Lourdes Joevani, Department of English, Anna University.
Two internal assessments and an end semester examination to test students reading and writing skills along with their grammatical and lexical competence.
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Textile Technology, 2021 regulation curriculum do visit TT 1st Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Textile Technology results, visit Anna University TT all semester results direct link.