English Laboratory detailed syllabus for Textile Technology (TT) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna University official website and presented for the TT students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Textile Technology 1st Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit TT 1st Sem 2021 regulation scheme. The detailed syllabus of english laboratory is as follows.
- To improve the communicative competence of learners
- To help learners use language effectively in academic /work contexts
- To develop various listening strategies to comprehend various types of audio materials like lectures, discussions, videos etc.
- To build on studentsEnglish language skills by engaging them in listening, speaking and grammar learning activities that are relevant to authentic contexts.
- To use language efficiently in expressing their opinions via various media.
INTRODUCTION TO FUNDAMENTALS OF COMMUNICATION 6 Listening for general information-specific details- conversation: Introduction to classmates – Audio / video (formal & informal); Telephone conversation; Listening to voicemail & messages; Listening and filling a form. Speaking – making telephone calls-Self Introduction; Introducing a friend; -politeness strategies- making polite requests, making polite offers, replying to polite requests and offers- understanding basic instructions( filling out a bank application for example).
NARRATION AND SUMMATION 6 Listening – Listening to podcasts, anecdotes / stories / event narration; documentaries and interviews with celebrities. Speaking – Narrating personal experiences / events-Talking about current and temporary situations & permanent and regular situations* – describing experiences and feelings- engaging in small talk- describing requirements and abilities.
DESCRIPTION OF A PROCESS / PRODUCT 6 Listening – Listen to product and process descriptions; a classroom lecture; and advertisements about products. Speaking – Picture description- describing locations in workplaces- Giving instruction to use the product- explaining uses and purposes- Presenting a product- describing shapes and sizes and weights- talking about quantities(large & small)-talking about precautions.
CLASSIFICATION AND RECOMMENDATIONS 6 Listening – Listening to TED Talks; Listening to lectures – and educational videos. Speaking -Small Talk; discussing and making plans-talking about tasks-talking about progress- talking about positions and directions of movement-talking about travel preparations- talking about transportation-
EXPRESSION 6 Listening – Listening to debates/ discussions; different viewpoints on an issue; and panel discussions. Speaking -making predictions- talking about a given topic-giving opinions-understanding a website-describing processes
At the end of the course, learners will be able
- To listen and comprehend complex academic texts
- To speak fluently and accurately in formal and informal communicative contexts
- To express their opinions effectively in both oral and written medium of communication
- One online / app based assessment to test listening /speaking
- End Semester ONLY listening and speaking will be conducted online.
- Proficiency certification is given on successful completion of listening and speaking internal test and end semester exam.
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Textile Technology, 2021 regulation curriculum do visit TT 1st Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Textile Technology results, visit Anna University TT all semester results direct link.