Problem Solving and Python Programming detailed syllabus for Textile Technology (TT) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna University official website and presented for the TT students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Textile Technology 1st Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit TT 1st Sem 2021 regulation scheme. The detailed syllabus of problem solving and python programming is as follows.
COMPUTATIONAL THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING 9 Fundamentals of Computing – Identification of Computational Problems -Algorithms, building blocks of algorithms (statements, state, control flow, functions), notation (pseudo code, flow chart, programming language), algorithmic problem solving, simple strategies for developing algorithms (iteration, recursion). Illustrative problems: find minimum in a list, insert a card in a list of sorted cards, guess an integer number in a range, Towers of Hanoi.
CONTROL FLOW, FUNCTIONS, STRINGS 9 Conditionals: Boolean values and operators, conditional (if), alternative (if-else), chained conditional (if-elif-else); Iteration: state, while, for, break, continue, pass; Fruitful functions: return values, parameters, local and global scope, function composition, recursion; Strings: string slices, immutability, string functions and methods, string module; Lists as arrays. Illustrative programs: square root, gcd, exponentiation, sum an array of numbers, linear search, binary search.
FILES, MODULES, PACKAGES 9 Files and exception: text files, reading and writing files, format operator; command line arguments, errors and exceptions, handling exceptions, modules, packages; Illustrative programs: word count, copy file, Voters age validation, Marks range validation (0-100).
- Allen B. Downey, Think Python : How to Think like a Computer Scientist, 2nd Edition, OReilly Publishers, 2016.
- Karl Beecher, Computational Thinking: A Beginner’s Guide to Problem Solving and programming, 1st Edition, BCS Learning & Development Limited, 2017.
- Paul Deitel and Harvey Deitel, Python for Programmers, Pearson Education, 1st Edition, 2021.
- G Venkatesh and Madhavan Mukund, Computational Thinking: A Primer for Programmers and Data Scientists, 1st Edition, Notion Press, 2021.
- John V Guttag, “Introduction to Computation and Programming Using Python: With Applications to Computational Modeling and Understanding Data, Third Edition, MIT Press 2021
- Eric Matthes, Python Crash Course, A Hands – on Project Based Introduction to Programming, 2nd Edition, No Starch Press, 2019.
- Martin C. Brown, Python: The Complete Reference, 4th Edition, Mc-Graw Hill,2018.
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Textile Technology, 2021 regulation curriculum do visit TT 1st Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Textile Technology results, visit Anna University TT all semester results direct link.