High Voltage Engineering detailed syllabus for Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE) for 2021 regulation curriculum has been taken from the Anna University official website and presented for the EEE students. For course code, course name, number of credits for a course and other scheme related information, do visit full semester subjects post given below.
For Electrical & Electronics Engineering 7th Sem scheme and its subjects, do visit EEE 7th Sem 2021 regulation scheme. The detailed syllabus of high voltage engineering is as follows.
OVER VOLTAGES IN ELECTRICAL POWER SYSTEMS 9 Causes of over voltages and its effects on power system – Lightning, switching surges and temporary over voltages – Reflection and Refraction of Travelling waves- protection against over voltages_ Insulation Coordination.
GENERATION AND MEASUREMENTS OF HIGH VOLTAGES AND HIGH CURRENTS 9 Generation of High DC, AC, impulse voltages and currents – Analysis of DC/AC and Impulse generator circuits – Tripping and control of impulse generators, Measurement of High voltages and High currents – High Resistance with series ammeter – Dividers – Resistance, Capacitance and Mixed dividers -Peak Voltmeter, Generating Voltmeters, Electrostatic Voltmeters – Sphere Gaps, High current shunts-Digital techniques in high voltage measurement.
APPLICATION IN INDUSTRY 9 Introduction – electrostatic applications- electrostatic precipitation, separation, painting / coating, spraying, imaging, printing, Transport of materials – manufacturing of sand paper – Smoke particle detector – Electrostatic spinning, pumping, propulsion – Ozone generation – Biomedical applications.
- M.S.Naidu and V. Kamaraju, High Voltage Engineering, Tata McGraw Hill, Fifth Edition, 2013.
- E. Kuffel and W.S. Zaengl, J.Kuffel, High voltage Engineering fundamentals, Newnes Second Edition, Elsevier , New Delhi, 2005.
- C.L. Wadhwa, High voltage Engineering, New Age International Publishers, Fourth Edition, 2020.
- L.L.Alston, High Voltage Technology, Oxford University Press, First Indian Edition 2006.
- C.L.Wadhwa, High voltage Engineering, New Age International Publishers, Fourth Edition, 2020
- Mazen Abdel – Salam, Hussein Anis, Ahdab A-Morshedy, RoshdayRadwan, High Voltage Engineering – Theory &Practice,Second Edition, Taylor & Francis Gourp, 2019
- Subir Ray. An Introduction to High Voltage Engineering PHI Learning Private Limited, New Delhi, Second Edition-2011
For detailed syllabus of all other subjects of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, 2021 regulation curriculum do visit EEE 7th Sem subject syllabuses for 2021 regulation.
For all Electrical & Electronics Engineering results, visit Anna University EEE all semester results direct link.